Newport Catholic 7 Lloyd 0 (Bat Wars)

In the night cap of the twin-bill Sophomore Taylor Burkart goes the distance throwing a complete game 2 hit shutout. She allows a leadoff single in the 3rd and a one out single in the 6th. Burkart and Seniors Meghan Millard and Paige Immegart collect 6 of the Breds 10 hits (2 each). Freshman Casey Kohls comes through with the big hit, a bases loaded two out triple in the 5th. However, defense was the name of the game tonight as the Breds play error free ball. Freshman shortstop Michaela Ware and Casey Kohls put on a display in the field this evening, going 15 of 15 in total chances.

..............R-H-E

NewCath..7-10-0

Lloyd.......0-2-1

This game was originally scheduled for tomorrow evening as the opening game in the Bat Wars Tourney at Newport Vets/Bartlett Field Co-sponsered by NewCath and Boone County, however Lloyd's prom was moved to tomorrow night so it was played this evening. The Bat Wars Tourney features NC, Newport, ND, BC, Dixie, SK, Lloyd, Holmes, Beechwood, Mason Co. Reading, OH. Games are Friday night and Saturday in Newport.

I saw the game Lloyd has some very nice players, talked to there coach they are up and down, but when they play good Softball teams will pay.

Just look at the HHS score from Wed night. They looked like a team that could do nothing wrong.

I saw the game Lloyd has some very nice players, talked to there coach they are up and down, but when they play good Softball teams will pay.

I agree Lloyd has a very nice team. They really played awesome against Highlands. I am surprised they didn't give NewCath a better game. Every body this year seems to be up and down. You don't know what you are going to get from game to game. No consistency with maybe the exceptions of Walton and Conner. Assume many teams are young and it will just take some time for some of them.

I agree Lloyd has a very nice team. They really played awesome against Highlands. I am surprised they didn't give NewCath a better game. Every body this year seems to be up and down. You don't know what you are going to get from game to game. No consistency with maybe the exceptions of Walton and Conner. Assume many teams are young and it will just take some time for some of them.

Not all teams are up and down. HC finds ways to get run ruled almost every game, so at least they have shown some consistency!

Not all teams are up and down. HC finds ways to get run ruled almost every game, so at least they have shown some consistency!

:laugh: I know it is not really funny but it made me laugh. At least you seem to have a good attitude with it and I am sure you have a lot to look forward to this summer. Is Moran back yet?

:laugh: I know it is not really funny but it made me laugh. At least you seem to have a good attitude with it and I am sure you have a lot to look forward to this summer. Is Moran back yet?

Yeah its not funny but what can you do it's HS. Daughter still enjoys hanging out with friends so its all good. She is hitting and working out probably will be back playing around the end of the month.