Hazard 2012

Ram

• 2 weeks later...
Hazard will be one of the top teams in Class A.

I guess this is part of the reason why Hazard doesn't get the respect or attention they deserve. This thread is 3 weeks old and we have virtually nothing here. Does anyone from Hazard want to fill us in? What do the defending state champs have coming back?

I'll give this a shot.

On Offense, the Bulldogs were hit hard by graduation particularily on the OL. Hazard had an all senior OL which was a big part of their success last season. The Bulldogs return E. Whitaker at QB, Olinger at WR, Johnson at WR, and Jones at HB. Olinger and Johnson are proven and will provide Coach Dixon good senior leadership. Whitaker should only get better with a year under his belt running the offense, and Jones is an up and comer with tremendous potential. The young linemen are working hard in the weight room and will improve as the season progresses. Coach Fugate is the OC and has had tremendous offensive teams over the last several years. Offensively, the Bulldogs will get better and better as the OL gets more experience.

On Defense, the Bulldogs return 7 starters. They return DT R. Whitaker, ILB Meehan, OLB Roll, CB Higgins, CB Olinger, FS Johnson and OLB Jones. Gone are Combs and Blanton but Hazard returns all of their DB's who were tremendous in the state title game versus Mayfield. The Defense really led this team last year and if they can find replacements for Combs and Blanton should be very good again in 2012. Coach Dixon always coaches a hardnose, aggressive defense and nothing will change in 2012.

The Bulldogs will be young on the OLine to start the season with a lot of experience at the skill positions. The Defense should be very good again in 2012. The schedule will be very challenging. Coach Dixon always plays lots of kids. Though young, the returning players have lots of experience playing in the last 2 Class A State Championships. Come playoff time, the Bulldogs will be in the hunt to defend their Championship.

Good Luck to everyone in 2012.

I have no doubt you are right about that. I wish there were more so we all could stay up to date on one of the best football programs in the state.

I agree. Hazard has a great program established in the Mountains. They will be there again this season competing for the title.