Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cru20154u

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cru20154u

  1. One of the search committee members has told some of the Senior players that an announcement will come on Monday or Tuesday of this week. Decision has been made. Hope it is the NKU coach. I hear very good things about him.
  2. Dizzy did not apply but the recruiting coordinator who just left did apply. Not sure of his name. Rumor is he is to be named soon. He has told some of his ex players and coaches that he thinks he has the job.
  3. No offer was given to any of them that I know of. The wait may have been good in this scenario. Just not sure.
  4. 2nd interviews were completed. The decision was pretty much completed. A 3rd candidate came out of left field and changed the dynamics. This candidate has college coaching experience that they are very excited about. I am unsure where it is landing now. My source has gone dark on me after he told me about a potential college candidate. No idea what college he was talking about or the name of the candidate. I will try to get more info but we are all probably finding out at the same time.
  5. Both Coach Brady and Coach Meiman were approached by the administration but both declined due to work and family responsibilities. Either one would have been a great choice in my opinion. Brady runs a very successful summer team and Meiman won about 80% of his games when he was head coach at Lawrenceburg High School in Indiana. That is according to one of his former players that coaches college ball now.
  6. Mr Graue has final say so. Mr Gish has quite of bit of pull on the decision. Those two have been and continue to be the search committee. All of the hiring over the past 4 years has been their decision. I do know that they have reached out to Coach Meiman, Coach Brady and Coach Maile to get some input on perspective coaches. At one point during the season those 3 and 2 other coaches were talking about Coach Schmidt's replacement if it was going to happen. They mentioned Grimme and mentioned Myerhoff. Nothing ever came of it except for some private meetings with the Administration which could have been after Schmidt resigned. Not sure on that one. They did not want to leave the impression that they were trying to get him out because three of the coaches had kids playing in the program. They also reached out to my source to get some in depth information about the clubhouse leader at this point. I am probably giving out too much info at this point.
  7. The announcement will come shortly. The administration wants to look like they have been as thorough as possible. I feel somewhat sorry for the heat that they took now that I know the behind the scenes stuff that went on. Coach Schmidt was such a disaster that one of his staff members resigned after two weeks into the season. I do not think he was ever told that. The staff member finished the season because the administration asked him to stay. The staff member that resigned was there to mentor him and make a smooth transition but Schmidt's immaturity and arrogance would have none of it. Two members of the JV and freshman staff also had a meeting with the administration telling them changes had to be made for them to stay. I know all staff members but two wanted a change. One of the coaches that did not was one of a Coach Schmidt's friends that he brought on. The other did not want to rock the boat because either he was trying to get a full time job at the school or just oblivious to the problems. He too resigned at one point. Needless to say I along with most of the varsity team parents are glad he is gone. I just wish my sons final season could have been a better experience but hope the new coach is as good as I hear he is.
  8. The second interview was just to check everything one more time. My source was contacted by the administration to also do some checking on the candidates. After he talked to some people about the candidates and reported back that is when he was told the would talk to each of the two left but their decision was made. To the person asking why they can not hold onto coaches. I will go into great detail on that. The information I have is what I have been holding back. It will definitely shine some light on some on the coaches which is quite negative on a couple of them. All I will say is that the administration was guaranteed by each coach they hired that they would not leave if another job opened up. Only Schmidt was in trouble by the administration when he left. He was very close to being fired. The administration is very happy with all the other coaches on the baseball staff and want all of them back. Two of them could have been the new head coach but both declined.
  9. The favorite has ties to Northern Ky. Many will not know his name but is a very solid hire. Comes very highly recommended by a very well placed coach. He is young and has the time to build the program as it needs to be done. My source has had multiple conversations with the coach that recommended him. He feels it is a solid choice although he was hoping it would be an older well established coach that he has great respect for. Once he knew they would not hire his choice he was open to the new coach coming in. The other finalist is a current head coach from Southern Indiana around Louisville. The choice has been made and it will be released shortly. I have some great info to share once the hire has been announced.
  10. He could be one of the finalist as he was when Coach Schmidt was hired. I wish they would have hired him. He has problems with being a basketball coach there and the seasons overlapping somewhat. My source told me the person he knows about is not Grimme but would not divulge the name of the one he knows about. Heard rumblings that the most of the staff wanted Schmidt gone. Will post some very interesting stuff after the hire is done. I do not want to adversely effect who they get. My source says he knows the person that is the leader and is very happy of the choice if it happens.
  11. Coaching search has been narrowed to 2 candidates. One clear cut leader. One final interview for both candidates. Administration has spoken to one of the current varsity coaches who remains mum about the candidate. More later.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.