Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Golfer

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Golfer

  1. I agree with you we are all just trying to make sense of all this. Teams like Oldham County who have now won there district game against Highlands should have now had a home playoff game in the first round due to them being the district runnerup. But it sounds like the KHSAA is turning Highlands regular season games into scrimmages or something. Not a one of them mattered.
  2. Just saw where the most ever users online record was broken at 10:00. I guess this thread has spread out statewide.
  3. Your basically right. There isn't much of a difference. But if you go on and play it is vertually 100% that the games you played in will be forfeited. An Injunction only makes the situation go on longer.
  4. Great Question and I wish I knew the answer. If he is ruled ineligable and they have to forfeit there regular season games there is no way that Highlands can play for a state title on Saturday. I don't think we have all the info yet, but I have a feeling something big will happen one way or the other this week. How can Highlands punishment only be that Mitchell doesn't play. What kind of punishment is that? I don't think we have all the info yet.
  5. I pretty much agree. There is no way to fix the past. Could something like this affect Dale's job? This scenrio will clearly carry on long after the state title game is over. Dale put them in this position.
  6. So the way I read the rule, Highlands shouldn't be playing in the championship game. Because Bell won the semi game due to forfeit. The only way it counts in the state game is after it is played and then the ruling wouldn't apply. This mess goes deeper then that. If you go with that thinking then Highladns loses to Frankllin and EJ and Cov. Cath. You can't go back and play the games again. But I do feel bad for Bell. Highlands does not beat Bell without Mitchell.
  7. I'll tell you who should be ticked off is Grant County. If Highlands loses all there regular season games they should not be in the playoffs. How can you make the playoffs by losing every district game? Grant County now has a better district record then Highlands yet Highlands is in the playoffs.
  8. It doesn't matter. Dale still knows the risk of what he was doing. It was Dale's call to play Mitchell and HOPE there were no consequeces. I'm not blaiming him but he took the risk and he may have to pay for it.
  9. He also Jeopardized every other player on his team. I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong but he took a MAJOR risk and it may come back to get him.
  10. This is Dale's fault plain and simple. I have talked to OB about this situation a couple of times on some things I have heard before the playoffs had happend and we both thougt that this situation would not go down like this but the chance was out there. Dale risked every game he played in this season for Mitchell. That's the risk that they chose and Highlands may have to suffer the consequences for it. I have talked about how poor the KHSAA is on rulings on many occasions and that is from expeirence. EJ went through almost the exact same situation last year. A player who had been named eligable was named ineligable a week before the playoffs. So, it was either get this kid an injuction or take a huge risk that you may have to forfeit your wins. EJ chose to keep the kid on the sideline. Highlands chose the other route and may have some serious problems to face. My opinion on the KHSAA is about as low as you can get.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.