What are you spinning — Part 2

Jim Schue

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a copy of Waylon Jennings/Turn the Page...

It contains covers of Turn the Page and Rhiannon...Both are Excellent.

Nice. Waylon loved a good cover tune ...

Went low-key for the next selection: "Lone Star State Of Mind" by Nanci Griffith (Sides 1/2)

She puts on a great show -- folksinger or otherwise.

NanciGriffithLoneStarStateofMind.jpg

This is a really, really good record. You don't even have to close your eyes and picture 25-year-old Stevie dancing and singing it.

But it sure is fun to. This record actually does a great job of making you able to understand why Lindsay was so pissed ... :sssh::D

BuckinghamNicksCover.jpg

Now, it's not that Stevie lost anything at 29, when this record came out. But she wasn't 25 anymore, either ...

Greatest breakup record ever. I think Lindsay's still mad, even with all the bank he still gets. Honestly, I'm not sure this isn't my favorite album ever.

rumourscover.jpg

Was jamming to "Women and Children First" in the car, so it seemed logical to double-down with my favorite VH album on vinyl once I got home.

Too bad they quit making music after 1984. They used to be a great band.

Diver Down was lazy, laced with a couple of covers. 1984 introduced the keyboards and ,except for Hot for Teacher, and the guitar sound of the band changed forever.

Diver Down was lazy, laced with a couple of covers. 1984 introduced the keyboards and ,except for Hot for Teacher, and the guitar sound of the band changed forever.

Fair Warning being my favorite then Women and Children First.VH II comes in third...

I'm really not a big fan of Van Halen 1 or 1984,Diver Down is my least favorite.I did see that tour and I must say it was awesome...

What you're saying about Diver Down is completely true. But it did produce Secrets and Little Guitars, two fantastic songs.

I agree,I listened to it about a month ago.Other than Dancing in the street and (Oh)Pretty Woman I can dig it...I really like the cover of The Kinks song Where Have All the Good Times Gone...