Book Of John

Jesus feed 5K men, this was the number they used but there were many women/Children also. When the Discipes were worried about the crowd being there and getting hungry Jesus knew what he was gonna do. Up comes a kid with come bread (cheap kind) and two pieces of fish.

Jesus fed everyone, it was a huge potluck, but only Jesus bought food. Everyone's belly was full and they had left overs.

The very next miracle was Jesus walks on water. he leaves them and goes to the other side of the Lake. The rest of Chapter 6 Jesus explains to his Disciples he is the "Bread Of life" and before I move on the next verses as he speaks the people listen but don't understand what he really means and many leave him. I'll get to that later.

Its also hard for us too, but at this time we know what he means because we know what is gonna happen to Jesus. The site will time out for me and I might lose what I wrote.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6:32 here Jesus speaks about "I tell you the truth, it is not Moses who has given you the Bread from heaven. But it is my Father. He gives you the true bread. Moses had given the people manna (bread) they were starving and God fed them, jesus says He is the bread and the feeding will be eternal life. here again it shows the Law of Moses has been put aside.

35, They say, "give us this bread"..Jesus answered "I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE, HE WHO COMES TO ME WILL NEVER GO HUNGRY, AND WHO BELIEVES IN ME WILL NEVER BE THIRSTY." This is so important, Jesus is telling them and the world come to be with me for eteral life. John 6:35. The next verses Jesus comes deeper and its confusing for the Jews and many followers who decide to leave Jesus..."Its too hard to understand" Kinda like it is today for people who don't study the words of Jesus.

6:53 He makers them mad saying you need to "eat my Flesh and drink my blood". Many followers at this point take off. We do this every time we do the LORD's Supper they didn't get it.

Look at verse 64...It says Jesus knew who would leave him and who would believe in him. Romans 8:28:29 also say this. This is all for chapter 6, but I have more underlined scripture in this chapter than anyone .

7, Jesus teaches at the Feast. The crowd called him out, called him a Demon. Most have seen Miracles Jesus had done. Tells them to quit Jufging becaause he healed a man on the Sabbath. Jesus didn't obey the Sabbath. Its the only Commandment that is not talked about in the New Testament, the other nine are here.

33 Jesus said, I'll only be with you for a short time and where I go you cannot follow?

41 The Jews know their scriptures, they asking about where the Christ will come and what town that was men tioned in scripture.

9 times you see Jesus say "I Am" in 7/8/9/. God also called himself I Am when Moses asked who he was.

9 Jesus heals a man born blind. Pharisees don't believe. They go get the Blind man who now can see..."What do you have to say about this man?" "I was blind and now I can see"...

The Jews tried to discredit the Miracle. They fond the Blind man's parents. They told them he had been blind since birth, ask huim he is of age. He will speak to you. The Parents were afraid of the Jews.

Later again they wanted to speak to the Blind man. "I have told you already, what he had done, I was blind and now I can see. Why didn't you listen do you want to become his Disciples? This upset the Jews. How dare you lecture us and they threw him out.

Just like today, people will see and hear reasons for Jesus but because of their hard headed ways they refuse to believe.

10 Jesus compares himself as the Shepherd and the people his flock. 4 times here he says "I lay down my life for my sheep" 10/15/17/18. Verse 31 they pick up stones to do what? jesus saw this and asked.."For which Miracle do you stone me for?" They replied, "we are stonning you not for the Miracles but claiming you are God.. These guys still don't have a clue, you would think Miracles might pull some weight here and equal him to GOD.

Again they tried to get him but he got away. Jesus cannot be caught until the appointed time.

Chapter 11..The Death Of Lazarus. Jesus hears he is sick but wants to wait before he visits him. He wants him to die. he arrives and comforts his sisters. he tells them Lazarus will rise again, they said "yes, onthe last day".

Vesrs 25. Jesus tells them I am the Life and Ressurection, he who believes in me will live, even though he dies. and whoever lives and belives in me wil never die". Jesus doesn't lie.

35 Jesus cries. And raises Lazarus.

12 he arrives for the passover and so many have heard of his miracle, but many still didn't believe.

He predicts his death to his followers.

13 He washed his Disciples feet, I have alwways wondered why we don't do this act in worship service. We taaught 4th grade boys/girls and I wanted to do this in class. Didn't want to get in troub le washing girls feet in church. Sad isn't it.

!4, very strong chapter where Jesus comforts his Disciples. verse 2 was one of the first ones I rememberd as a young boy. In my Fathers mansions I have many rooms, I'm saving you for you". Also, "I will come back and take you with me that you will know the way to the place I am going".

Thomas asked Jesus? "How will we know where you are going?" Jesus said "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life, No One comes to the Father except through me". NO ONE, means what? All other religions are false, we have the only one that has a Risen Savior who makes so many promises of Eternal life. We are only on Earth for a short time if you think about how long the earth has been here and long its going to continue to be here..

Jesus, we confess only to him, pray only to him, he heals us, takes care of us and is the only name found in salvation, Acts 4:12 Any other way is False, and Hopefully if you are reading this you will understand what he did for us.

Philip tells Jesus, LORD, show us the Father and that will be enough for us. jesus replied..."don't you know me Philip, even after I have among you a long time? "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father". That is a huge statement and the one they used to kill him later. Read on down to verse 15 as Jesus talks more about him and the Father.

16 Jeus promises a Comforter, the Holy Spirit. Once Jesus is gone to Heaven he will leave the Holy Spirit to be among each believer. "Non Believers will not be able to accept him because of their non Faith. But, you will know him for he lives in you. I will not leave you"..Notice how he calls the Holy Spirit "HE".

23, he says, "If anyone loves me they will obey my teachings. My Father will come to him and WE will come to him and make our home with him".. What if the Christians are right and this is the truth, there really is a heaven...people have died and came back and talked of a wonderful place, so beautiful they came back to earth and were depressed.

5, All this I have spoken while still with you.But the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send IN MY NAME" Soon I wil do a thread on Jeus's name and how it is so important. WE Pray in whose name? We are told to do that by Jesus himself.

The Holy Spirit will remind you of all things I have taught you". "Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

I was asked by the FCA to visit a man in his late 40s who had weeks to live. He had cancer for many years and he was going to die real soon. I said OK, but on the way to his home I asked the Holy Spirit to give me courage to speak to him, I did not really know him.

He let me in and said "I know a little about you being a Bama Fan and your wife works for the FCA. We talked for a bit and I asked could I share some scripture and he said sure. This 14 chapter is what we talked about, and he smiled and showed me his note pad, that morning before I showed up he was reading the exact same verses I read to him...I got cold chills, I had no idea and no idea what I was gonna share with him.

16, Jeus is the Vine, and the Father is the gardner. "Remain in me and I'll remain in yoju, so if we remain in Jesus he will never leave us, but we can leave him.

verse 12 My command is this..."love each other as I have loved you". 16, "You did not choose me, but I chose you...Romans 8:28/29

Chapter 17 Jesus prays for himself. Then for his Disciples, then for all Believers...Who is Jesus praying to? The Father. So we see Jesus and the Father, and the Holy Spirit, as one being.

18 Jesus is arrested. Judas leads the Romans to him with the Kiss. Judas had no idea that Jesus was gonna be killed. he thought he would be let go of the charges, and he was wrong. There is a huge debate about the Salvation of Judas. I think he is in heaven due to the fact I just stated and he gave back the silver.

He repented, and believed in Jesus.

As they spoke to Jesus Peter had a sword and drew it and cut of an ear of the High priests servant. Jesus tells Peter to put away the sword, in John we don't read what happnes nect, the servants name is Malchus and he just lost an ear, and Jesus put it back on, I would think that in seeing that as a Roman that might make me a believer.

15 Peter denies he knows Christ 3 times.