Miami Senior

Saw them play Leslie at the Hoopin' It Up tourney at North Laurel. They are scary, I mean #21 had to dunk on Leslie at least like 8 times. And their biggest guy, #50, was almost 7 foot and didn't even play til the end... that tells you how good they are :scared: Does anyone have info on them?

Bits and pieces:

They're the defending Florida 6A state champs.

Perennial powerhouse that has placed countless players in D-I college and several in NBA. Of local note, former UK players Gimel Martinez and Allen Edwards both played there.

No. 21, Dwayne Collins is bound for the University of Miami. He averaged 32 ppg and 9.7 rpg in the Hoopin' It Up tournament. A real stud, with fantastic hands and footwork. I feel like he will be an impact player on the next level, especially if he improves his jumper.

Miami Senior was actually playing shorthanded, with four players out with injuries and another at home because of a family illness. One of those out was their starting PG.

They finished as the 7th Place team in the tournament, but nobody who finished higher wanted any part of them. Pendleton Co. caught them off-guard in the first-round game by shooting unbelievable from the perimeter. Were it not for that, we may have been talking about Miami Senior and Mason County playing in the tournament final. Hats off to Pendleton for knocking off an extremely talented national power.

If I recall correctly, their hoops team was shut down for a year or so. THey committed multiple rules violations and were sanctioned by the FHSAA. Prsent UC coach Frank Martin was the head coach their for a while, I believe.

They are building themselves back up , but are not likely as powerful as they once were...

Bits and pieces:

They're the defending Florida 6A state champs.

Perennial powerhouse that has placed countless players in D-I college and several in NBA. Of local note, former UK players Gimel Martinez and Allen Edwards both played there.

No. 21, Dwayne Collins is bound for the University of Miami. He averaged 32 ppg and 9.7 rpg in the Hoopin' It Up tournament. A real stud, with fantastic hands and footwork. I feel like he will be an impact player on the next level, especially if he improves his jumper.

Miami Senior was actually playing shorthanded, with four players out with injuries and another at home because of a family illness. One of those out was their starting PG.

They finished as the 7th Place team in the tournament, but nobody who finished higher wanted any part of them. Pendleton Co. caught them off-guard in the first-round game by shooting unbelievable from the perimeter. Were it not for that, we may have been talking about Miami Senior and Mason County playing in the tournament final. Hats off to Pendleton for knocking off an extremely talented national power.

Who are some of the alumni that play D-1 and NBA right now?