Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School Pass Interference Rule

Featured Replies

What is the pass interference rule in high school on a tipped ball? This question comes up because of the final offensive play by Beechwood versus Mayfield. The play in question was a fifteen yard pass attempt. The way I saw the play is a Mayfield defender a couple yards in front of Vocke tipped the ball. At the same time as the tip another Mayfield defender hit Vocke giving him no chance to make a play on the tipped pass in front of him. I know in the NFL when a pass is tipped/deflected anything goes from that point on. So in the NFL once the pass is deflected, contact is allowed with the receiver. Is that also the rule in high school?

I believe the same rule applies.

Yes a tip ball means pass interference cannot be called on defense or offense.

  • Author

Then that ends any controversy on the final play in the Beechwood Mayfield game. The ball was first deflected by a defender in front of Vocke unless there was some contact before the deflection which I didn't see.

Then that ends any controversy on the final play in the Beechwood Mayfield game. The ball was first deflected by a defender in front of Vocke unless there was some contact before the deflection which I didn't see.

 

Are you saying you saw this on film?

  • Author
Are you saying you saw this on film?

 

I was at the game and that is the way I saw the play.

I was at the game and that is the way I saw the play.

 

I am assuming the officials didn't see it or the failed to mention it to Noel based on his post-game comments.

 

Ask a BW coach what they saw on film.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.