Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Football Camps in Kentucky

Featured Replies

Anybody know of any of our colleges that offer summer football camps for High school players?

Anybody know of any of our colleges that offer summer football camps for High school players?
Almost all of them. :thumb:

There is a very good lineman camp in Grayson. "Down & Dirty Lineman Camp", it is worked by college and high school coaches.

What about skilled positions QB, RB and WR, or do they have all position camps?

You can go to any web site for a college in KY and they all list there summer camps or who to talk to about them. It is quite easy to find them and enroll IMO. You may want to ask your coach, as they will probably know of some that are better suited to your kid and the teams needs. Just my opinion.

  • Author
You can go to any web site for a college in KY and they all list there summer camps or who to talk to about them. It is quite easy to find them and enroll IMO. You may want to ask your coach, as they will probably know of some that are better suited to your kid and the teams needs. Just my opinion.

 

 

Checked on-line. UofL has several 1day camps, UK and Georgetown College had no football camp, EKU has a one-day camp. Morehead State doesn't list any either. I was looking for a WR/DB type camp. MOst that I've seen our for linemen though. But you're probably right, I might just ask his position coarch to recommend one to us.

Checked on-line. UofL has several 1day camps, UK and Georgetown College had no football camp, EKU has a one-day camp. Morehead State doesn't list any either. I was looking for a WR/DB type camp. MOst that I've seen our for linemen though. But you're probably right, I might just ask his position coarch to recommend one to us.

I'm pretty sure that the ones you listed as no, do. I've seen info on them having just that. They just don't list them on their sites this far out. It's a summer thing and not much reason to put out on the site in Dec. Camps are something that I have found phone calls or emails are necessary for the best info, though most will list them as it gets closer to summer.

  • Author
I'm pretty sure that the ones you listed as no, do. I've seen info on them having just that. They just don't list them on their sites this far out. It's a summer thing and not much reason to put out on the site in Dec. Camps are something that I have found phone calls or emails are necessary for the best info, though most will list them as it gets closer to summer.

 

okay thanks. I'll wait until after the first of the year and make some phone calls or emails.

okay thanks. I'll wait until after the first of the year and make some phone calls or emails.

One reason why there may be a lack of information is that most of the coaches run these things directly as a perk of their position with the university, thus it is not necessarily a "university sponsored" event. Meaning that some or all of the proceeds go to the coach, not the team or school.

  • Author
One reason why there may be a lack of information is that most of the coaches run these things directly as a perk of their position with the university, thus it is not necessarily a "university sponsored" event. Meaning that some or all of the proceeds go to the coach, not the team or school.

 

That makes sense. I just figured that these would be 2-3 day camps, not 1 day, which is okay, but I guess I just figured 1 day wouldn't get you a whole lot of individual help in your skill position.

That makes sense. I just figured that these would be 2-3 day camps, not 1 day, which is okay, but I guess I just figured 1 day wouldn't get you a whole lot of individual help in your skill position.

I've seen some camps that last a week, while others are only a half a day or two nightly sessions of two hours a piece. It all depends on the coach who runs it.

If you will be a senior next season (2006), I suggest going to a few Senior camps, it's a chance to be seen by the colleges. Some of them run the camp like a combine. The ones that had senior camps I know about are UL, UK, WKU, Cincinnati and OSU this past summer, UK did not advertise their senior camp (which was held on June 13th, the day ofter their passing camp), so you may want to call the football office at UK and inquire about their senior camp in April or May because it is still early for the schools to have a schedule in place for summer camps. There may be other schools that do not advertise the senior camps, if in doubt, call and ask or your high school coach should know about the camp(s). Senior camps usually last just one day and are inexpensive, $25 to $35. Upcoming seniors, I'd also ask your high school coach about attending one or more combines which are held in April and May, I know of the one at Centre College and one at Dunbar in Lexington which drew a good number of college coaches. You can pick up notice from coaches with an excellent performance.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.