Under the radar prospect: D.J. Townsend

Several players always fly under the radar statewide when talking about college basketball prospects and one of those this summer seems to be D.J. Townsend.The 5-foot-11 standout guard from Rowan County High School is running with Charlotte Court after averaging 14 points, five assists, three rebounds an three steals a game for the Vikings as a junior. He helped Rowan County to a runner-up spot in the Sweet 16.

Now, he needs for the colleges to take note. He played well last week in the Kentucky HoopFest with Charlotte Court and dozens of coaches were watching.

Townsend currently has no offers but has heard from Tennessee Tech, Campbell and Northern Kentucky.

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/07/15/under-the-radar-prospect-d-j-townsend/

I truly hope that DJ is noticed by the right people. This is an outstanding young man. I have had the pleasure of seeing him play as a 5th grader on up. The steady and continual growth in his game is a by product of his hard work. Don't get me wrong he has God given talent but he has developed his talent by working harder than most anyone else. This kid could esily score 25 a game but is coachable and a leader so he does what is needed. Any college program will be better for having him on their squad.

PS I still think that shot he hit late in the state Finals WAS a 3. Would have been called a game winner and been the stuff of legend.........

Hope the young man gets some looks, as he can flat out play....He is a one man press breaker

AAU will help him get noticed. Also being in the state tourney last year helped . What about Rowan Co's schedule this year? Good time to get kids noticed too. Also J. Demling of the CJ does a excellant job of producing articles on kids from across the state.