Conner/Newport Catholic Predictions

9th Region Championship Game tonight at Florence Freedom. Somewhat surprised that there is no thread on this game so I thought I would start one. One of the few championship games that I have never seen a thread for until less than 4 hours till first pitch.

Thoughts about the game?

NewCath blew a late-inning lead against Conner and the lost the game due to sloppy defense in their only match-up of the year. The 'Breds are a different defensive team than they were back then, due to a few nice adjustments. If NewCath brings their bats, they'll be tough to beat. However, if Conner is able to get guys on base, their aggressive base running can put a lot of pressure on NewCath's "D"...and that is Conner's game--aggressive offensive play & manufacturing runs.

No predictions from me--I haven't made any up to this point and my team is winning....no reason to start now and mess up the mojo.

Any idea who's pitching for the Cougars?

My guess is Nelson against Cain. If Cain is on NCC win but Cain has been wild the last couple of games......

Honestly I told Skinny this prior to the Cooper vs Ryle game that I thought that Cooner was the hottest team and the team that I didn't want to met in the Regional Tourney. They are a team that just seems so sure of themselves at the moment. Should be a great game and a beautiful night for Baseball at Freedom. Look for a huge crowd tonight and get their early!