Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 6 Dixie 3 (8 Innings)

Featured Replies

Boone came from behind 3-0 going into the 7th, they scored 3 in the 7th to tie the game then 3 in the top of the 8th to win. NIce win for Boone. Maybe Firstbase will post the stats as I do not have them.

4/29/11 Boone Co at Dixie

 

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E

Boone Co 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3 0 6 12 1

Dixie 0 0 0 2 0 1 0 0 0 3 4 2

W: #18 Kameron Schwartz

L: #6 East Conner

 

 

2B- #7 COLE WENDELN (1)

HBP- #11 DOUG TEEGARDEN (1)

Sac- #20 Robert Hiles (1), #2 JOEL BAKER (1)

SB- #7 COLE WENDELN (2), #3 CHASE STANLEY (2), #18 Kameron Schwartz (1), #45 Alex McGarr (1)

 

 

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR

#12 HOWARD BRODSKY 6.0 4 3 3 5 5 0

#18 Kameron Schwartz 2.0 0 0 0 2 5 0

Sexton pitched 7 innings in this game. Coming up with 9 K's and 3 walks and 3 hits allowed. Held the Rebels scoreless until the 7th inning. I wasnt at this game but heard that the top half of the 7th inning was VERY controversial. Can someone inform me?

What do you mean you weren't at the game. Every other game you comment on wind, weather, too many games night before, field work wearing you out.

What do you mean you weren't at the game. Every other game you comment on wind, weather, too many games night before, field work wearing you out.

 

Some of us do this thing about 5 days a week, sometimes 6 days. Its called having a job. So thats why I wasnt there Friday. Spartan get real, when have I complained about anything besides the Ryle game? Name another time. I have work tomorrow so I'll be getting off of here, leave me a reply on here and I will get back to it when I get home from my job.

 

Thanks,

SF99

Sexton pitched 7 innings in this game. Coming up with 9 K's and 3 walks and 3 hits allowed. Held the Rebels scoreless until the 7th inning. I wasnt at this game but heard that the top half of the 7th inning was VERY controversial. Can someone inform me?

 

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR

#7 Tyler Sexton 7.0 8 3 3 4 8 0

#6 East Conner 1.0 4 3 3 0 2 0

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR

#7 Tyler Sexton 7.0 8 3 3 4 8 0

#6 East Conner 1.0 4 3 3 0 2 0

 

I was told that there were 5 errors in the field that people reached on base by. So did you count them as hits or what?

  • Author

Both coaches got a little upset with the umpires, as there were a couple of close plays that maybe could have went either way. The home plates umps strike zone seemed to get smaller as the game went on but it was the same for both sides. Sexton seemed to get a littke tired and maybe a little upset with the home plate ump. (JMO) Boone left a lot on runners on base as I know a couple of times they had runners on first and second or second and third with no outs and failed to score, HUff was not very happy and I don't blame him.

I was told that there were 5 errors in the field that people reached on base by. So did you count them as hits or what?

 

Now there were 5 errors? HMMMM...

  • Author

I don't keep a book at these games but I know Boone had more theen 3 hits off Sexton, 7 or 8 sounds about right , plus I don't recall Dixie making 5 errrors.

Now there were 5 errors? HMMMM...

 

I wasn't there, therefore I am going by word of mouth by another parent. Not just any parent but a Boone parent. Boone could have just as easily had 7 or 8 hits off Sexton. That is just what I was told.

Understand there were 2 scouts at this game scouting players from Boone & Dixie. Anyone know which 2 schools and who they were scouting?

Understand there were 2 scouts at this game scouting players from Boone & Dixie. Anyone know which 2 schools and who they were scouting?

 

Miami (Oh) and Union College were both there. I heard Miami made an offer to Popham and Sexton from Dixie and Union made an offer to Sexton from Dixie as well. I was also told that one of the two was there to watch Cole Wendeln from Boone County also.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.