Bell County/Marshall County Sweet 16 Predictions

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bell County
    • Marshall County

What can you tell us about Bell Co. I have not seen either of these teams play. What and who should we watch for?

Watch out for Ben Madon and Kyle Lee with the Bobcats. John Dudley Hilton will also be one to reckon with will play good defense. The Bobcats have played well as of late. I look for a good showing for the Bell County faithful.

Watch out for Ben Madon and Kyle Lee with the Bobcats. John Dudley Hilton will also be one to reckon with will play good defense. The Bobcats have played well as of late. I look for a good showing for the Bell County faithful.

Thanks and good luck at state!!

That was the only game all year they struggled with any kind of traps/press. Typically that plays into their hands. They looked like they were not ready or caught off guard by it. Bell is not bad they will compete and be ok.

What about Marshall Co? Anyone know anything about them? I know they are a 3pt. shooting team with not great size.

If they are a good three point shooting team then I hope they don't shoot well on Thur. Just kidding I hope that the Bobcats play well.

Traditionally, teams who shoot lots of threes will struggle in Rupp, especially if they haven't been there in awhile. The shooting background and awe of being in the building makes a game that isn't very conducive to a team that lives and dies by the 3. I know that the 1st plays their regional tournament in a collegiate arena, but let's not kid ourselves, the place is nowhere near the size of Rupp. An inexperienced team shooting in that type of unfamiliar background has been the death of many teams before. Not saying it will happen to Marshall County, but if they solely rely on their outside shooting, that could be a big advantage for Bell County considering the circumstances. On the other hand, Bell County hasn't been since 1980, so their kids will be in as much shock as Marshall's. Should be one of the more interesting first round games.

Spoke with someone sitting near me during the games today who was familiar with the Western portion of the state, and he said that Marshall was a well-coached, disciplined team. He said that they definitely shot the 3, but also implied that they weren't a 'live by the 3, die by the 3' type either. Overall, he gave me the impression that they were solid fundamentally, and were usually knowledgable about what it would take to win the game and executing that strategy. He also confirmed my thought that Atkinson (sp?) was the player that most of their offense ran through.