Boone County / Newport Central Catholic Predictions (1/12)

Game is at NCC Tonight.

Is it still on?

I think the Brown and Giesler match up will be a battle. Hopefully, it doesn't come down to foul trouble between the two of them. In my opinion, they are 2 of the best big men in NKY this year (I don't think I am out on a limb on that one). For Boone's sake, I hope they offset each other (18 - 20 pts. / 10 - 14rebs).

I think Highchew creates some issues for Boone's guards.

The loss of Montgomery hurts Boone's chances in this one (and really, going forward). If McQuery isn't hitting from the outside, I believe, outside of Brown, Boone will struggle for points. It will be interesting to see who steps up for the Rebels. Crabtree could be a key tonight.

The loss in their last game without Montgomery makes me nervous in this one.

NCC - 72

Boone - 59

I wouldn't be so quick to give NCC the advantage. Brown is the one player in this region that is physical down low and able to get Geisler in foul trouble. If Boone pounds the ball down low to him and Geisler gets in foul trouble, Newcath is in serious trouble. They really only have two scorers in Geisler and Hightchew.

I expect this to be a pretty good game with the team that has the most success from the free throw line coming out on top.