Highlands 67 Russellville 64

Nice win for the Birds at the Fort Harrod Tournament. I am waiting for a recap but here are the details I know.

Towles didnt play in this one.

Birds were down 7 at the half as Sr PG Dean was saddled with 2 first half fouls and sub Guard Carter New had 3 first half fouls. Flynn had to use his sophomores off the bench early.

Russellville was extremely quick and athletic.

Birds were up 1 with 43 seconds left and held on for the 3 point win.

They are now 2-1 in the tourney and will play their final game tomorrow.

Highlands plays Whitley Co at 2:30pm on Thursday.

Stewart and Crowley had big games for Highlands combining for over 30 pts. Crowley hit a big 3 pointer late in the game to put the Birds up by 1 pt.

Obviously Coach Flynn got into the kids at halftime and they responded after being down 7 pts at the half.

Whitley Co beat Perry Co Central in a very close game prior to Highlands playing. Whitley Co doesnt have a kid over 6'2 I heard and they run like 5 guards on the floor and they all can shoot the 3. (Live and die with the 3) is what they said.

Stewart should have a big day tomorrow, If Towles was there I am sure he would feast as well.

Highlands plays Whitley Co at 2:30pm on Thursday.

Stewart and Crowley had big games for Highlands combining for over 30 pts. Crowley hit a big 3 pointer late in the game to put the Birds up by 1 pt.

Obviously Coach Flynn got into the kids at halftime and they responded after being down 7 pts at the half.

Whitley Co beat Perry Co Central in a very close game prior to Highlands playing. Whitley Co doesnt have a kid over 6'2 I heard and they run like 5 guards on the floor and they all can shoot the 3. (Live and die with the 3) is what they said. Stewart should have a big day tomorrow, If Towles was there I am sure he would feast as well.

I don't know who Coach They is but you better have somebody else doing your scouting reports....the Colonels have a couple of 6-4 kids and they can score inside or outside.....they are pretty athletic, maybe not as athletic as Highlands, but they can run or play in the half court.

Should be a great game.....

I don't know who Coach They is but you better have somebody else doing your scouting reports....the Colonels have a couple of 6-4 kids and they can score inside or outside.....they are pretty athletic, maybe not as athletic as Highlands, but they can run or play in the half court.

Should be a great game.....

You gotta take my report for what its worth, it was my 15 yr old who did watch the game. He was very impressed and knows they have their work cut out today.