Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Poll: Class A, Region 3 vs. Region 4

Who will be the East's championship contender? 55 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will be the East's championship contender?

    • Newport Central Catholic
      50%
    • Somerset
      18%
    • Lexington Christian Academy
      25%
    • Paintsville
      5%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Four very different teams left between these two regions. One of them will be going to the state championship. Who will it be, and why?

ttt

  • Author
The winner of NCC-LCA goes to Louisville.

 

Why don't you think Somerset or Paintsville has what it takes?

Why don't you think Somerset or Paintsville has what it takes?

 

I still don't believe that a team in region 4 has enough defense to make it Louisville. No team has impressed me enough in this region to beat the likes of NCC or LCA. The region has shown they can score, but the teams up North can play defense, and they will slow down the offensive teams in region 4, I don't believe they have enough defense to slow them down.

Why don't you think Somerset or Paintsville has what it takes?

 

I hope the winner of Region 4 goes to Louisville, but I have seen Pikeville have many teams that were better than any team in Region 4 this year and I have seen those teams have their season end in the semi-finals over and over again...If Region 4 is to have a chance this year, then Somerset is the team that will do it.

  • Author

You make a good point, but I also think this is the most wide open Class A has ever been. I think this is the year. :fight:

Anytime Beechwood makes a early exit it increases the chances of the winner of Region 4. I have seen NCC play this year and they are very tough and LCA is playing very good right now. I do agree that Class A is more wide open this year than it usually is, however the unfortunate thing for the winner of Region 4 is that the semi-final game will be played at either NCC or LCA.

  • Author
Anytime Beechwood makes a early exit it increases the chances of the winner of Region 4. I have seen NCC play this year and they are very tough and LCA is playing very good right now. I do agree that Class A is more wide open this year than it usually is, however the unfortunate thing for the winner of Region 4 is that the semi-final game will be played at either NCC or LCA.

 

I think this region will be a little bit better tested for the winner of Region 3. They are typically big teams and run the ball. With Evarts and Cumberland coming a long way from recent years, plus Harlan, Lynn Camp, Pikeville, and Paintsville everyone runs the ball well in this Region, with the exception of Somerset, Hazard, and Williamsburg who are "pass first".

No team from region 4 has made the finals since 1998 when Middlesboro won it all. Middlesboro was heads and shoulders above everyone in the region that year, and you could tell they had the team to win it. I don't feel that there is a team like that now. I do think there is some very good football teams, in fact the region as a whole is better than in 1998, but beating teams up North is easier said than done. Both teams left have very good offenses, but who ever wins region 4, imo will be slowed down on offense, and the question is can they slow down the teams up North. It will take defense not offense to win.

NCC is going to be tough to beat.They are very solid on D and on Offence they can pass it all over the place or run it all over place.

ttt

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.