Bethlehem at Kentucky Country Day

thestick

Wanting thoughts and comments on who wins this one? Bethlehem is coming in off 2 straight losses and a little beat up, where KCD is coming in averaging close to 45 points a game. I think Bethlehem gets off losing streak and takes this one Friday night

Bethlehem was missing two of their starters, that is true. But KCD was missing 6 of their starters. Starting left tackle, team's leading receiver, another starting receiver, teams leading tackler (linebacker), another starting linebacker, and a starting defensive back. Since bethlehem was missing their quarterback, they changed their offense from a spread to a wing t, which KCD was not prepared for. Bethlehem scored the first drive, but they gained less than 100 yards of offense the rest of the game and KCD was able to score two touchdowns in the fourth quarter against bethlehem's tough defense, and hold off Bethlehem. Also both starters for Bethlehem were actually entered into the game on last drive, but the qb threw an interception on his first play back. KCD wins 14-8 and hosts Holy Cross on Friday. They have 3, maybe 4 of the 6 starters back fully healthy for this game

Bethlehem was missing two of their starters, that is true. But KCD was missing 6 of their starters. Starting left tackle, team's leading receiver, another starting receiver, teams leading tackler (linebacker), another starting linebacker, and a starting defensive back. Since bethlehem was missing their quarterback, they changed their offense from a spread to a wing t, which KCD was not prepared for. Bethlehem scored the first drive, but they gained less than 100 yards of offense the rest of the game and KCD was able to score two touchdowns in the fourth quarter against bethlehem's tough defense, and hold off Bethlehem. Also both starters for Bethlehem were actually entered into the game on last drive, but the qb threw an interception on his first play back. KCD wins 14-8 and hosts Holy Cross on Friday. They have 3, maybe 4 of the 6 starters back fully healthy for this game

Both of Bethlehem's QBs have shoulder injuries, and they are about 80 percent of the Eagle offense, if not more. They were missing another starter on the line, and both of their RBs are beat up as well (one of them being the kid who played QB v. KCD). While I realize everybody has injuries this time of year, I doubt very seriously the injuries to KCD crippled them the way they did Bethlehem, given how reliant they are on Owens and Cooper.

I'm actually surprised that they were inserted late, but they're the type of kids who beg to get on the field no matter what. Bethlehem gained less than 100 yards after the first drive because KCD obviously figured out that the Eagles had no passing game with both QBs out, and they adjusted accordingly by loading up the box and daring Bethlehem to pass.

You never know, those 6 starters could be just as relied on as bethlehem's two best players. With 2 of the 6 out, being leaders in receptions and tackles. I know how much Bethlehem relies on those two, but you never know. I'm sure KCD schemed against those two all week. I guess we will find out how much KCD can improve with a few of those injured kids on the field when they play Holy Cross on friday.

You never know, those 6 starters could be just as relied on as bethlehem's two best players. With 2 of the 6 out, being leaders in receptions and tackles. I know how much Bethlehem relies on those two, but you never know. I'm sure KCD schemed against those two all week. I guess we will find out how much KCD can improve with a few of those injured kids on the field when they play Holy Cross on friday.

Unless the six you mention make up 80-85 percent of KCD's offense, if not more, then there's no way their missing players had as much of an impact on KCD than it did on Bethlehem, especially when you consider KCD has about 10 more guys on the roster than Bethlehem. On top of that, Owens and Cooper are the Eagles' best DBs, which makes you wonder why Scholtz couldn't take advantage of it on defense and continue scoring at the high rate to which KCD is accustomed.