Glasgow 35 Green County 34

tsyoung7

Its heartbreaking to lose by one in a district game! These two teams are really good this year. It sounds like to me this game could have went either way!! I guess it is going to be a long ride home for the Dragons, but never count this team out. They will be ready for Monroe to try to get even in the district! Good game guys, both Green and Glasgow!!!

Could someone that was at the game give us a little insight on the game, both Green and Glasgow. I wish I could have been there because this seemed to be a nail biter! These are two good ball clubs battling for top seed in the district. I like that Griff went for the win in the final seconds of the game, ballsy!!!!

Edited by tsyoung7
grammar

The game started off with Green stopping the Glasgow offense and forcing a punt. The punt was muffed and recovered by the Scotties and totally turned the momentum. Glasgow was able to stick it in and go up first. The Dragons respond on offense by scoring on second offensive snap. Glasgow big played the Dragons in the first half and went in up 28-14.

The second half started off with the Dragons putting together a 70 yard drive and scoring but missing the extra point kick. Making the score 28-20. The Scotties respond on a 4th down play as the quarterback played pretty well and put the score at 35-20. Once again the Dragons put a drive together and score again. This time they were able to capitalize on the 2 pt. play thus making the score 35-28. The Dragon defense steps it up and gets a stop giving the ball back to the Dragon offense. They drive the ball all the way down the field to the 7 yard line and fumble. Glasgow tries to give themselves room and push it out but the Dragon defense forces a fumble. As the Dragons take the ball on first down, the quarterback breaks loose and scores. The score is now 35-34. The Dragon offense lines up and decides to go for the win. As the ball is snapped, the Scotties call timeout and nullify the play. After timeout, the Dragons run a play and the Scotties defense is able to tackle the Dragon quarterback on the 1 yard line. The Dragons onside kick but the Scotties recover. With only one timeout left, the Scotties kneel on the ball running out the clock.

One of the best high school football games (especially second half) that I have been involved with. It was a slobber knocker !!! Hard hitting, great runs, great throws, and all the excitement that you would ever want. Great Job by both teams and when playoffs come around, I would not want to play either of these teams.