Monroe County 49 Logan County 21

tsyoung7

Monroe looked great offensively tonight scoring almost every time they touched the ball!! Defensively we still need some work up front. All in all was very pleased with everything. TK has found his rythm with the counter gap. Tooley played a great game and had the most amazing catch and TD. London had a tremendous pick at the goal line and almost had another one if Murphy had not killed him. The team is looking really good, it seems like they are finding their rythm.....

Good game Falcons!!!

One thing about Logan County....We were sitting on the 40 behind Logan's bench, toward the end of the game the head coach for Logan was not real happy with the way one of our players were tackling. Granted he tackles low because he is 145lbs. The coach called two of his own players over and called a hit of this player after a tackle of his receiver. We yelled at the corner to warn him it was coming and low and behold they tried it anyway. Their coach was yelling at them for not getting him and our coach pulled him out so he did not get hurt! :irked:NOT VERY CLASSY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In all my years this is the second time I have actually witnessed a head coach purposely trying to take a high school kid out. We lost all respect for this coach....

On a different note Logans QB is one fine athlete! He carried this team all game. He is probably the best QB we will face this year, very composed and a great athlete. Any program would be very lucky to have this young man...:thumb:

My observations,

Best offensive performance of the season, hands down.

Great use of Tanner Kendall, he had a great night running the ball from a position I think he's best suited for, he still had some struggles between the tackles but did great on the edge.

Defense finally showed its weakness’s and I couldn't be happier about it, we scored very quickly on offense so that kept our defense on the field and allowed us to get some quality work in and no doubt we got better for it.

No pressure from our DL, this has to change soon. I see guys getting better like Hammer and Bell but they have to keep progressing and start getting pressure on the QB, any pressure we got was from the LB's and that’s not something I’m comfortable with. I think at some point we may need to bring in a NG for some help getting pressure.

Logan Co's QB is a great athlete, probably the best QB we will face all year.

K Scott Harrison will win us a ball game this year, we are very blessed to have him.

Monroe fans need to be thankful we have to coaching staff we have, Coach Petett has assembled a very solid staff, the adjustments made by the defensive coach's was spot on.

Great game by Tooley, if he can make plays down the stretch like he did Friday night we will be even more dangerous.