Volleyball/Sport Banquets

hvb

just a question out there for all you involved in high school volleyball and/or other sports...

How do you all do your banquets? a pot luck dinner? catered? no dinner, just awards? just trying to get some different ideas?

Years ago, at Beechwood, we used to have spring and fall sports banquets. Those banquets were fun because you dressed up and it was somewhat of a social event. Unfortunately, because they encompassed several sports, they got very LONG and boring.

Now each sport has an award night. No food, just each coach talking and each player recognized. Short and to the point which is good for busy working parents.

just a question out there for all you involved in high school volleyball and/or other sports...

How do you all do your banquets? a pot luck dinner? catered? no dinner, just awards? just trying to get some different ideas?

We have done all of the above, except no dinner. Last year we talked about a desert only thing before awards but went with a local steak house banquet room. This year looks like pot luck. I like it anywhere I don't have to help with the clean up....

:fight:

We have done all of the above, except no dinner. Last year we talked about a desert only thing before awards but went with a local steak house banquet room. This year looks like pot luck. I like it anywhere I don't have to help with the clean up....

:fight:

Thats the problem with having it at the school. You have to plan it, worry about the financial aspect and then stay and clean up. Less work, the better I say. I like your idea boom. :thumb: