BGP Class 5A Rankings for Aug. 30

The Scribe

Class 5A

1. Highlands vs. 1A #4 Beechwood

2. Bowling Green vs. 4A #6 Franklin-Simpson

3. John Hardin at 6A Meade County

4. Johnson Central vs. 4A Knox Central (at Clay County)

5. Owensboro at 2A #7 Owensboro Catholic

6. Pulaski County vs 6A Henry Clay

7. Christian County vs 6A Henderson County

8. Warren Central vs 6A Apollo

9. Covington Catholic at Cincinnati LaSalle, OH

10. Whitley County - OPEN

I'm not sure Whitley County is a top ten team after seeing what Covington Catholic did to Lexington Catholic, then what Lexington Catholic did to Whitley.

It's early. Things will shake out more clearly in a couple of weeks or so.

A lot of teams that some have thought will be top 10 caliber teams - some of which WILL turn out to be top 10 caliber - have stumbled early...

Doss' uninspiring 17-15 win over 4A North Bullitt, a 2-9 team from last year...(albeit one with 18 returning starters)

Oldham County's 22-20 upset at the hands of Conner...

Letcher's early loss...

Whitley's lopsided loss to LexCath... (should it have been closer??)

I could list more examples, but Fishhead is right...it will all start to shake out in a few weeks...

A lot of teams that some have thought will be top 10 caliber teams - some of which WILL turn out to be top 10 caliber - have stumbled early...

Doss' uninspiring 17-15 win over 4A North Bullitt, a 2-9 team from last year...(albeit one with 18 returning starters)

Oldham County's 22-20 upset at the hands of Conner...

Letcher's early loss...

Whitley's lopsided loss to LexCath... (should it have been closer??)

I could list more examples, but Fishhead is right...it will all start to shake out in a few weeks...

Not sure about the rest but Whitley is not a top 10 team right now, although they could develop into one. The Lex Cath score does not really tell the story of the game. Whitley was leading 20-12 at the half and had 4 basicly unforced turnover which Lex Cath capitalized on and score on some big plays. They tacked on a couple of late scores which gapped Whitley. So I would agree they are not a top 10 team but as they jell they could end up there.