Pineville/Williamsburg Scrimmage

earnit08

Wish there was more time, two 20 minute halfs with clock running continuously didn't really give either team enough time to work on anything, but I thought W'burg looked okay, could have been worse, I guess could have been better

You are right the continuos run of the clock really limited both teams. I did see some good positives from Williamsburg though. I thought they were very nervous at first, but settled in to a good rythm in the second half. Was very impressed with the option game as Powers made some good reads and Lowery ran well. Thomas also ran well and as this offensive line continues to improve I think Williamsburg will put up points. What I was most impressed with was the defense. The Linebacking core of Root, Hoffman, Thomas, and Hamlin looks to be a strength. Root fills well and will improve at getting personnel in the right place, and Hoffman and Thomas cover alot of ground. I am looking forward to seeing how the Jackets improve from this scrimmage to the opener this Friday night at Jellico.

The Williamsburg team lacks a lot of experience, and it was very obvious at this scrimmage. What I was impressed with was their ability to hold it together against an above average Pineville team who virtually returned everyone. Williamsburg was physical and made many good plays defensively, but they were not making big plays on the offensive side. It will be interesting to see how this year unfolds. I agree with Old Jackets, I believe Williamsburg will be better than they've been given credit for.