Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pineville/Williamsburg Scrimmage

Featured Replies

Wish there was more time, two 20 minute halfs with clock running continuously didn't really give either team enough time to work on anything, but I thought W'burg looked okay, could have been worse, I guess could have been better

You are right the continuos run of the clock really limited both teams. I did see some good positives from Williamsburg though. I thought they were very nervous at first, but settled in to a good rythm in the second half. Was very impressed with the option game as Powers made some good reads and Lowery ran well. Thomas also ran well and as this offensive line continues to improve I think Williamsburg will put up points. What I was most impressed with was the defense. The Linebacking core of Root, Hoffman, Thomas, and Hamlin looks to be a strength. Root fills well and will improve at getting personnel in the right place, and Hoffman and Thomas cover alot of ground. I am looking forward to seeing how the Jackets improve from this scrimmage to the opener this Friday night at Jellico.

I saw a lot of positives from the Burg, most of the mistakes I saw are fixable. With improvement this team could be better than I thought.

The Williamsburg team lacks a lot of experience, and it was very obvious at this scrimmage. What I was impressed with was their ability to hold it together against an above average Pineville team who virtually returned everyone. Williamsburg was physical and made many good plays defensively, but they were not making big plays on the offensive side. It will be interesting to see how this year unfolds. I agree with Old Jackets, I believe Williamsburg will be better than they've been given credit for.

Who won the Scrimmage? Must have been Pineville because no one will say W'burg lost.

Who won the Scrimmage? Must have been Pineville because no one will say W'burg lost.

 

Wburg won 8-6, Pineville scored late on the JV team.

Wburg won 8-6, Pineville scored late on the JV team.

 

That was a good one. Neither Team put up the points they are usta scoring.

The burg and pineville should be decent teams this year. It is hard to tell too much with these scrimmages. It is like to trying to figure out how good an NFL team will be by the preseason games. Good luck to both teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.