Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

15th Region outlook

Featured Replies

I know its early and we have some basketball previews left.

 

I feel the 15th is a 2 team race between Johnson Central and Belfry.

 

Betsy Layne and Sheldon Clark also have a shot.

Maybe weakest region in the state and one of weakest we've seen in a while. I would say some schools' Jayvee teams could come in a win this region.

The 15th appears to be pretty weak. I think most will have Johnson Central as the favorite, but a number of other schools could challenge them for a trip to Rupp. Betsy Layne should be a contender after their region runner-up from last season. Sheldon Clark has one of the best players in the region in B.J. Moore which makes them a possibility. Belfry has the potential to do well, but Hairston's eligibility could hurt their chances. Shelby Valley returns nearly nobody that significant time from last season's state title team, but they do return a number of upperclassmen. I think the 15th may be wide open come regional tournament time...

Doesnt East Ridge have the best player? I forget his name, he was a big kid 6-6 or so.

  • Author
The 15th appears to be pretty weak. I think most will have Johnson Central as the favorite, but a number of other schools could challenge them for a trip to Rupp. Betsy Layne should be a contender after their region runner-up from last season. Sheldon Clark has one of the best players in the region in B.J. Moore which makes them a possibility. Belfry has the potential to do well, but Hairston's eligibility could hurt their chances. Shelby Valley returns nearly nobody that significant time from last season's state title team, but they do return a number of upperclassmen. I think the 15th may be wide open come regional tournament time...

 

Good assessment.

 

Shelby Valley is a year or 2 away from having a another dominant run.

Doesnt East Ridge have the best player? I forget his name, he was a big kid 6-6 or so.

 

Jacob McClanahan is probably about 6'8", but I'm not so sure he is the best player. Conditioning seems to be an issue with him, and he needs to be much more aggressive on both ends of the court.

Doesnt East Ridge have the best player? I forget his name, he was a big kid 6-6 or so.

 

Not even close. BJ Moore at Sheldon Clark is the best player in the region. Johnson Central has a big kid named Parker and when he gets it going watch out, but he is up and down most of the time.

  • Author
Not even close. BJ Moore at Sheldon Clark is the best player in the region. Johnson Central has a big kid named Parker and when he gets it going watch out, but he is up and down most of the time.

 

 

Its definitely not McClanahan, and I don't know if its Moore, but he might be.

 

A few have a shot at laying claim to the best in the 15th -

 

McCoy - Pike Central

Moore - Sheldon Clark

Martin - Betsy Layne

Skaggs/Parker - Johnson Central

Tiller - Paintsville

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.