High school golf underway

The 2010 golf season is underway and LCA starts the Boys side out with a bang at the Franklin County Flyer Classic. Many won't believe this but they shot 24 under par today as a team at Griffin Gate!!!:eek:

:scared: WOW, that is unreal. Any report of how other teams and players did?

Outstanding! Can any other team come close? From the red tees? That has to be some kind of team record.

Griffin Gate was playing around 6800 yards that day, so no it wasn't from the red tees. St. X will still have an awesome team, but I don't think anybody will come close to those two teams.

Griffin Gate was playing around 6800 yards that day, so no it wasn't from the red tees. St. X will still have an awesome team, but I don't think anybody will come close to those two teams.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that LCA shot low because the course was short. Instead, my assertion is that other teams couldn't shoot that low from the red tees.

Sorry - I didn't mean to imply that LCA shot low because the course was short. Instead, my assertion is that other teams couldn't shoot that low from the red tees.

I know my team couldn't shoot 24 under from ANY tee!

LCA is a runaway this year. They could wear out many D1 golf teams. ST X will not run away with second or contend for the TITLE. Lots of teams in the state will contend for 2nd. West Jess will be able to bring it this year and will contend for 2nd.

LCA is a runaway this year. They could wear out many D1 golf teams. ST X will not run away with second or contend for the TITLE. Lots of teams in the state will contend for 2nd. West Jess will be able to bring it this year and will contend for 2nd.

West Jessamine does have a very nice team. F.A. Meyer has the potential to be VERY good.

West Jessamine does have a very nice team. F.A. Meyer has the potential to be VERY good.

My son played with Fred Allen Meyer at the State tournament - even though he was very young (8th grade?), he played and behaved like a champion.