Rockcastle County 2010/2011

Possibly had potential to help Hammond especially in rebounding but she didnt show much last year and I also heard she didn't give a good effort in practice. She may not have gotten as many minutes this year as last year if nothing had changed.

How much will the Townsend kid be missed?
My info comes from a pretty good source. Townsend will probabley not be missed that much their (on the floor) as she will help her new team. Rock returns all starters but one, and already had a deep sophmore and freshman class. May have been able to provide some help on the varsity in some situations. Would have gotten to play a lot of JV. What I hear is people close to her believe the year with the Rockcastle staff and team revitalized her HS ball career. She seems excited about playing again. And I hear she has had a real good summer. It is really amazing what winning will do for some kids.

Did she go back to Somerset?

My son says she went to Rowan County with her family and that he had heard that her father may have gotten a job up there. I saw on one of the Somerset boys basketball threads that her brother would be missed at Somerset this year. It was known that she had friends and family in the Morehead area last year when ROCK played Rowan Co. in the football playoffs. She seemed like a good kid, best of luck to her and her family up there.

• 2 months later...

Should be a great year for the Rock with Hammond. Remember, she has been to Diddle three times already. Scored five points as a SEVENTH grader, and played in state as freshman and last year a couple of wins as a junior. AND the sophomore Hunter has been competing in high school sports since she ran on the Rock cross country team as a FOURTH grader. Angie Lawrence is a genuine quality player AND they are so deep that they have some talented seniors not even starting. This will be the first time in what seems like a long time that they may not have those incredible Lincoln County wars that both teams have battled in so valiantly.

GO ROCK