PRP Summer Shootout

I was checking out the schedule today and noticed some very good teams participating in this round robin style weekend shootout.

Highlands will play Buckhorn, Central, Manual and Fern Creek.

Other schools participating are J-Town, Franklin Co, Trinity, PRP, Catholic, etc

Im wondering if Kimbro and new recruit Price will be with J-town.

This happens June 5th and 6th at PRP.

Schedule for this weekend's PRP shootout.

Notable games

Saturday

Trinity vs Catholic 2pm Sat new gym

Fern Creek vs Bowling Green 6pm new gym

J-Town vs Bowling Green 8pm new gym

Sunday

Bowling Green vs Seneca 3pm new gym

J-Town vs Catholic 5pm new gym

Central vs Highlands 6pm new gym

J-town vs Central 8pm new gym

Should be a lot of talent down there this weekend.

PRP #2 team defeated one of the squads from Lexington Catholic today in the shootout.

Highlands is getting ready to play Buckhorn who also brought two squads.

Central looks very very good against Franklin County.

Buckhorn pulls it out over Birds 49-44.

Highlands shorthanded on their bench with Towles and Bruns both not playing. 4 sophomores made the trip with 1 jr and 4 Srs. Stewart I heard looked very good, he will be a major force for the Birds.

From what I heard they played everyone and if it would have been a game to try and win the Birds would have won handedly. Summer ball is about development though, not wins and losses.

Birds fell in the 2nd game vs Fern Creek by 10. FC had a 6'9 kid but it didn't stop Jack Stewart from dropping in 30+. Pretty strong showing by Birds against a very quick FC team.

Tomorrow they face Central and Manual.

Manual over Highlands 54 to 37. Stewart dropped in 20+.

Watching JTown and Lex Cath with Chargers jumping out on them 15 to 2. Kimbro missed an alley oop dunk but got up high. Morton looks good for Lex Cath.

23 to 11 now Jtown

Phone died, sorry updates are late.

JTown ended up defeating Lex Cath by 10-15. I didnt see Jaylen Beckham but Seth Beckham was playing and he is pretty quick. Larry Morton looks like he is one of the top 5 on the floor also for Lex Cath.

JTown has a lot of skilled players and a really big kid in the middle who looks like a Pro Tight End. Kimbro looked interested at times and at other times not very interested. He certainly could do what he wanted when he wanted but didnt see him trying to takeover the game like i thought he would. Very intense game though for a summer session. Both teams played a lot of kids also and Lex Cath made some nice runs at the J-Town lead and will be very good this season in the 11th Region.

I also watched Franklin Co and they gave Seneca a very nice game losing by a few I believe. They have some kids that play hard, shoot well and didnt back down from the superior athleticism Seneca presented.

Highlands had no gas in the tank in their final game vs Central who dressed 18 kids to Highlands' 9. They pressed the entire game and wore the Birds down. Final was 63-35 If I remember correctly. The 4 sophomores that traveled with the Birds handled the pressure better than I thought they would. Central had some young guards that were red hot from 3pt land. Central connected on 10+ 3's in this one against the Birds 1-3-1 Defense.

Jack Stewart could be up for 9th Region POY if he plays like he has been playing against this type of competition. He scored over 20pts in each of the 4 games and had over 30 against Fern Creek. He can really wheel and deal in the post and he had around 5 dunks on the weekend along with a nice 12 foot jump shot. The rest of the Bird Seniors need to step up and provide better transition defense and support Stewart on offense.

Jaylen Beckham is headed to some school in New Jersey - may explain why he was not there.

Forgive me if I sound stupid....but are you saying that the state of Kentucky has lost the privilege of being able to watch him play? Will he not be at LexCath next year?

Phone died, sorry updates are late.

JTown ended up defeating Lex Cath by 10-15. I didnt see Jaylen Beckham but Seth Beckham was playing and he is pretty quick. Larry Morton looks like he is one of the top 5 on the floor also for Lex Cath.

JTown has a lot of skilled players and a really big kid in the middle who looks like a Pro Tight End. Kimbro looked interested at times and at other times not very interested. He certainly could do what he wanted when he wanted but didnt see him trying to takeover the game like i thought he would. Very intense game though for a summer session. Both teams played a lot of kids also and Lex Cath made some nice runs at the J-Town lead and will be very good this season in the 11th Region.

I also watched Franklin Co and they gave Seneca a very nice game losing by a few I believe. They have some kids that play hard, shoot well and didnt back down from the superior athleticism Seneca presented.

Highlands had no gas in the tank in their final game vs Central who dressed 18 kids to Highlands' 9. They pressed the entire game and wore the Birds down. Final was 63-35 If I remember correctly. The 4 sophomores that traveled with the Birds handled the pressure better than I thought they would. Central had some young guards that were red hot from 3pt land. Central connected on 10+ 3's in this one against the Birds 1-3-1 Defense.

Jack Stewart could be up for 9th Region POY if he plays like he has been playing against this type of competition. He scored over 20pts in each of the 4 games and had over 30 against Fern Creek. He can really wheel and deal in the post and he had around 5 dunks on the weekend along with a nice 12 foot jump shot. The rest of the Bird Seniors need to step up and provide better transition defense and support Stewart on offense.

Thanks for the updates. Did Price play for J-Town? He is the kid that has committed to UofL. I too think J-town will be a top 5 team next year, from what I am hearing.

GRC is playing in Lexington Catholics team camp tomorrow, but will be without Zollo and Stenzel as they are playing in the Kentucky/Indiana Junior All star game.