Dixie Heights 3 Cooper 1

Great game by both teams on both teams Senior Night. Dixie Heights had their Senior Night lineup out there through 5 innings. Good game pitching by John Bjuirquist(Sp?) of Cooper. The Colonels hit the ball very hard but it was just right at people.

Win- Sexton

Lose- Bjuirquist

If you notice Cooper had 2 seniors to Dixie's 7 and they only lost 3 to 1. And when Dixie threw #6 they only lost 4 to 0. They're not a team to take lightly.

I am always confused by the Cooper team comments. Often it is great young talent, then lately sprinkled in with the coach is becoming unhinged, and people (parents) unhappy. I haven't seen the Jags since earlier in the year so I am looking for clarification.

As a parent I will give you the best clarification I can, and it's just my opinion. The coach, despite some communication faults, has done an unreal job getting the most out of these kids. There are 2 Senior's, a couple JR's, a couple Soph's, and a couple Freshman that are the main contributers and sprinkled in are some kids that show up one day but maybe not the next. They have 1 pitcher that has proven can hold any NKY team to zero or very few runs most of the time. There are 2 pitchers that do a pretty good job but are mostly average to slightly above. To have a 2nd year school at 15-16 record wise with last inning losses to Conner, Cov Cath and a 4-2 loss to Boone is commendable. Again, I don't agree with all of what the coach said, or maybe how he said it, but he is a GREAT on-field coach and has done a great job. If Cooper gets by Heritage, which I expect to happen, they will face a very good Boone County team. If Thompson is on his game and the defense shows up, this game will be a lot closer than most might think.