Experts saying too many students going to college

In the book The Millionaire Next Door, 30 characteristics of millionaires , grades in school placed 30 of 30. Last place! Number one, Honesty, kinda surprising, general thought is some cheat their way to top, but the dishonest traits that took them there, is what brings them down.

Of my 3 kids, one is in grad school and had about a 3.5 GPA in college while the other has about a 3.3 at a pretty good school. My youngest is my worst performer by GPA measurements but might be my sharpest overall. Sometimes its simply a matter of maturity and when does it kick in. While my wife is always asking "when will it kick in" I'm of the mindset that he has all of the necessary tools to be successful and it will eventually kick in.

My general finding is that many high school graduates lack the ability to communicate effectively in both the written form and the ability to speak and its probably getting worse. Most people advance through their career not based solely on brains but the ability to think critically (IMO a lacking piece of the high school education system) and to communicate effectively ie lead.

So, I'm not surprised by the findings you mention above.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic