Update: Mike Gabbard (Boone Co)

Haven't heard much about him so thought I'd go to the source myself.

Just got done talking to Mike and he says that he's thinking about Gardner Webb and Asbury right now, but Morehead has offered him a preferred walk on first year with the possibility of a scholarship the next 3 years.

I'll try to stay updated on his recruitment but if anyone else hears anything, please post.

Seems like a good kid. Love his game. Hope he does well.

He has an unreal work ethic. I see him almost every day at Fitworks in Florence and he's always there busting his tail.

BTW, for those who haven't seen him since the end of basketball season, he's gotten considerably bigger. He looks to have added about 10 lbs of lean muscle.

If nothing works out, he's said that he will try to walk on at NKU. I actually like that idea.

You are right about one thing...this kid it the hardest working kid I have known in my 12 years of coaching! Not only does he put the time in the weightroom, but you can always find him in the gym working on his ballhandling, shooting, footwork. I've watched him workout in the gym and was very impressed at how hard he works. He had a DII offer prior to his senior season, but he declined because he did have several other schools that had some interest in him (several small DI). I'm very surprised someone has not picked up this kid yet. You know what you are going to get with him...great kid, very good student (GPA over 3.5), superior basketball IQ and floor general, and a very hard-working athlete. I wish him nothing but the best because he has earned it.

Plus he can leap out of the gym. He's just an outstanding athlete. I would love to see him join the Norse also.

He said they've always been interested in him but simply don't have any scholarships available to offer.

Mikey is a fun player to watch with a lot of tools..........I remember him doing ballhandling skills as a "lil-tike" between AAU games and around the Summer blacktop league ! I am more impressed with how hard he has worked in his last two years. He has some real potential and could develop nicely for NKU or some other program. Good luck to you Mike in your decision making process.......:thumb: