Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 2 Dixie 2 (Suspended)

Featured Replies

Ryle tied it up in the top of the 7th with 2 outs just prior to the storm hitting. I left but I'm guessing it did not resume.

 

Who is Luis Leon? Never heard of the kid and he's an outstanding pitcher. How did he fly under the radar?

 

Well-pitched game by both startes. Both teams look like legit region contenders.

 

Klei had a 2-run bomb for Dixie.

Ryle tied it up in the top of the 7th with 2 outs just prior to the storm hitting. I left but I'm guessing it did not resume.

 

Who is Luis Leon? Never heard of the kid and he's an outstanding pitcher. How did he fly under the radar?

 

Well-pitched game by both startes. Both teams look like legit region contenders.

 

Klei had a 2-run bomb for Dixie.

 

Good Lord, is this kid Dixie's #5 (or even lower) pitcher? If so, they have one of the deepest pitching staffs in recent 9th region history. Young man throws hard, has a decent curve (but doesn't throw it very often), and very nice control. He'd be a #2 or even #1 on a lot of staffs.

 

Donovan pitched very well - as usual - for Raiders. Nice pitching duel. Raiders need to hit better. A couple of key guys are struggling right now.

Ryle tied it up in the top of the 7th with 2 outs just prior to the storm hitting. I left but I'm guessing it did not resume.

 

Who is Luis Leon? Never heard of the kid and he's an outstanding pitcher. How did he fly under the radar?

 

Well-pitched game by both startes. Both teams look like legit region contenders.

 

Klei had a 2-run bomb for Dixie.

 

If they tied it up in 7th and inning not finished, does it revert back to last completed inning?

If they tied it up in 7th and inning not finished, does it revert back to last completed inning?

 

With the game not really meaning anything (not a district/tournament game), I'm guessing they just agreed to call it a tie and leave it at that. Ryle had a man in scoring position and leadoff batter up when game ended.

Good Lord, is this kid Dixie's #5 (or even lower) pitcher? If so, they have one of the deepest pitching staffs in recent 9th region history. Young man throws hard, has a decent curve (but doesn't throw it very often), and very nice control. He'd be a #2 or even #1 on a lot of staffs.

 

Donovan pitched very well - as usual - for Raiders. Nice pitching duel. Raiders need to hit better. A couple of key guys are struggling right now.

 

Luis Leon Prada is a senior and would be considered the #5 starter on the Dixie Heights pitching rotation. Today was his first game he started all year. Prior to this he only threw 2 innings of relief in the Southern game. He threw an outstanding game. I think both teams agreed to finish the game some other time.

And he came from Puerto Rico, thats why he flew under the radar.

I am told this game did get officially recorded as a 2-1 win for Dixie.

If they tied it up in 7th and inning not finished, does it revert back to last completed inning?

 

I know that this is the rule, but sure doesn't seem fair:ohbrother:

I know that this is the rule, but sure doesn't seem fair:ohbrother:

 

Why? Because Dixie won?:dancingpa

Why? Because Dixie won?:dancingpa

 

No because legitimately Ryle tied the game and had a chance to take the lead. Yes, Dixie had another at-bat and could have easily won it outright then. Rules are rules and this rule says Dixie won, so be it. But when I left the field, the scoreboard read 2-2. :sssh: Not a big deal. The game didn't mean anything to either team other than to determine they match up very well.

No because legitimately Ryle tied the game and had a chance to take the lead. Yes, Dixie had another at-bat and could have easily won it outright then. Rules are rules and this rule says Dixie won, so be it. But when I left the field, the scoreboard read 2-2. :sssh: Not a big deal. The game didn't mean anything to either team other than to determine they match up very well.

 

Thanks Coop...anyone who knows me would understand the point I was making with my statement , "it (the rule) sure doesn't seem fair". I would believe the same way if the game went the other way. Even though this particular game only has meaning as a guage, you hate to see two high school team battle it out only to have weather decide the outcome, but of course I wanted Ryle to win!!!!! :D

I'm assuming all 7th inning stats get thrown out the window for pitchers and hitters in a case like that?

I'm assuming all 7th inning stats get thrown out the window for pitchers and hitters in a case like that?

 

Technically speaking, the inning never occurred, so yes. But I would imagine the coaches might still keep the stats in their own records.

I totally agree with everyone but a rule is a rule. Going in to any game there is a chance that this may happen. Yeah it worked out in the Colonels favor but thats the game of baseball. I'm sure Ryle is upset that it happened this way, as the Colonels would be, but a rule is a rule and you cant change the rule just because it was a close/tie game. What if the Colonels or Raiders were up 9 to 1 when the game got called? Then would people still say its unfair? What if their bats were just coming alive? Its all part of the game of baseball and a rule is a rule. :jump:

I totally agree with everyone but a rule is a rule. Going in to any game there is a chance that this may happen. Yeah it worked out in the Colonels favor but thats the game of baseball. I'm sure Ryle is upset that it happened this way, as the Colonels would be, but a rule is a rule and you cant change the rule just because it was a close/tie game. What if the Colonels or Raiders were up 9 to 1 when the game got called? Then would people still say its unfair? What if their bats were just coming alive? Its all part of the game of baseball and a rule is a rule. :jump:

 

I believe in the end that's what was stated...:cool:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.