Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Oldham/Trimble County

Featured Replies

Friday, 2/5/10

 

This is the final 29th district boys' seeding game, but it almost certainly is meaningless in regards to the final standings.

 

North comes in 1-1 in seeding play and Trimble is 0-2.

 

South Oldham has already clinched the #1 seed with a 3-0 mark. Oldham County is 1-2.

 

If North wins, they clinch the #2 seed and TC takes #4. But even if Trimble wins, the three-way tie that ensues between Oldham County, North Oldham, and Trimble will almost certainly result in the same seeds, as the Litkenhous ratings are used to break 3-way ties.

 

North is coming in off an emotional OT loss (89-84) to South Oldham. Trimble, since losing their star player, has lost 6 straight.

 

Game will be broadcast on Pegasus Sports. Both the boys and girls' games will be broadcast, beginning with a pregame show at 5:30 pm.

 

Go to http://www.pegasussportsky.com and click on the North Oldham logo.

 

The game will also be archived for 6 months.

Friday, 2/5/10

 

This is the final 29th district boys' seeding game, but it almost certainly is meaningless in regards to the final standings.

 

North comes in 1-1 in seeding play and Trimble is 0-2.

 

South Oldham has already clinched the #1 seed with a 3-0 mark. Oldham County is 1-2.

 

If North wins, they clinch the #2 seed and TC takes #4. But even if Trimble wins, the three-way tie that ensues between Oldham County, North Oldham, and Trimble will almost certainly result in the same seeds, as the Litkenhous ratings are used to break 3-way ties.

 

North is coming in off an emotional OT loss (89-84) to South Oldham. Trimble, since losing their star player, has lost 6 straight.

 

Game will be broadcast on Pegasus Sports. Both the boys and girls' games will be broadcast, beginning with a pregame show at 5:30 pm.

 

Go to http://www.pegasussportsky.com and click on the North Oldham logo.

 

The game will also be archived for 6 months.

Maybe Trimble County shouldn't even show up since we don't have a star player anymore.

  • Author
Maybe Trimble County shouldn't even show up since we don't have a star player anymore.

 

I see you're relatively new to BGP. Welcome!

 

Don't read between the lines on posts here in BGP. These posts are "black & white", and if you're looking to take offense at every post on the site, you're not going to enjoy it much, because you simply can't read between the lines. If you're thinking I was saying Trimble didn't stand a chance because a player was gone, please re-read the post - you'll see nothing of the sort. I simply made an observation about the two team's recent performances. No need for you to get upset.

 

I just couldn't remember the kid's name when I typed the post, but I did recall that he was leading the team in almost every statistical category when he quit the team. I'd have to say that qualified him for "star" status, IMO. In no way was that a putdown on the rest of the kids; Trimble suffers from lack of size and experience, but they also have an excellent inside player in Justin Webb, a kid we highlighted during one of our broadcasts a year ago in Bedford. He's coming along nicely as a junior, and will be even better next year, as a big load has fallen on his shoulders since Trent Green (remembered his name) went out.

 

Which was unfortunate, but in Green's situation, he had other priorities that needed attention. Nothing bad, he was just at a juncture in his life where his time commitments were requiring hard decisions.

 

Trimble is probably the hardest-working team in the region and definitely one of the better-coached ones. They will be underdogs to North Oldham tomorrow night. But my reference to Green had nothing to do with that. It was just an observation that, since he left, Trimble has struggled, which is fact.

 

Be cool. :walk:

I see you're relatively new to BGP. Welcome!

 

Don't read between the lines on posts here in BGP. These posts are "black & white", and if you're looking to take offense at every post on the site, you're not going to enjoy it much, because you simply can't read between the lines. If you're thinking I was saying Trimble didn't stand a chance because a player was gone, please re-read the post - you'll see nothing of the sort. I simply made an observation about the two team's recent performances. No need for you to get upset.

 

I just couldn't remember the kid's name when I typed the post, but I did recall that he was leading the team in almost every statistical category when he quit the team. I'd have to say that qualified him for "star" status, IMO. In no way was that a putdown on the rest of the kids; Trimble suffers from lack of size and experience, but they also have an excellent inside player in Justin Webb, a kid we highlighted during one of our broadcasts a year ago in Bedford. He's coming along nicely as a junior, and will be even better next year, as a big load has fallen on his shoulders since Trent Green (remembered his name) went out.

 

Which was unfortunate, but in Green's situation, he had other priorities that needed attention. Nothing bad, he was just at a juncture in his life where his time commitments were requiring hard decisions.

 

Trimble is probably the hardest-working team in the region and definitely one of the better-coached ones. They will be underdogs to North Oldham tomorrow night. But my reference to Green had nothing to do with that. It was just an observation that, since he left, Trimble has struggled, which is fact.

 

Be cool. :walk:

I'm sorry if that came across that I was upset about your post. That wasn't the case at all. Actually I meant that in a funny way. You are one of the people on here that never bashes the kids and tries to see the good in every team. Saying Trimble Co. has struggled is an understatement. Trent was a very good player and the team misses his contribution greatly. It's been an adjustment for the entire team without him. Trimble should not have lost either the Carroll or Eminence games. The bright side of that coin is that the sophomore class in those 2 games started to show what the team can be next year. With a lot of patience everyone will survive this year in Raider country!

  • Author
I'm sorry if that came across that I was upset about your post. That wasn't the case at all. Actually I meant that in a funny way. You are one of the people on here that never bashes the kids and tries to see the good in every team. Saying Trimble Co. has struggled is an understatement. Trent was a very good player and the team misses his contribution greatly. It's been an adjustment for the entire team without him. Trimble should not have lost either the Carroll or Eminence games. The bright side of that coin is that the sophomore class in those 2 games started to show what the team can be next year. With a lot of patience everyone will survive this year in Raider country!

 

I'm glad...I would never intentionally say anything to knock a team or a kid...they're teen-agers, and they all try their best.

 

I'm old enough to remember when Trimble was THE team in the district, both boys and girls...

 

I enjoy traveling to Bedford (hopefully, I'll enjoy driving HOME in tomorrow night's weather!)...Frank Ragland, Marcia Dunaway (Haney, to me), and company are always very accommodating. Jim Hurst was always one of my favorite coaches, and Bob Lauster does a fantastic job.

I'll take trimble with the young guys playing huge along with Justin Webb!!!:scared:

I'm glad...I would never intentionally say anything to knock a team or a kid...they're teen-agers, and they all try their best.

 

I'm old enough to remember when Trimble was THE team in the district, both boys and girls...

 

I enjoy traveling to Bedford (hopefully, I'll enjoy driving HOME in tomorrow night's weather!)...Frank Ragland, Marcia Dunaway (Haney, to me), and company are always very accommodating. Jim Hurst was always one of my favorite coaches, and Bob Lauster does a fantastic job.

Wish us luck tomorrow night!

I'm sorry if that came across that I was upset about your post. That wasn't the case at all. Actually I meant that in a funny way. You are one of the people on here that never bashes the kids and tries to see the good in every team. Saying Trimble Co. has struggled is an understatement. Trent was a very good player and the team misses his contribution greatly. It's been an adjustment for the entire team without him. Trimble should not have lost either the Carroll or Eminence games. The bright side of that coin is that the sophomore class in those 2 games started to show what the team can be next year. With a lot of patience everyone will survive this year in Raider country!

 

What happened to the Green kid? Why did he have to make changes? I liked that kid, thought he played hard. As do all the Raiders. I would love to coach these kids as they are role models to youngsters.

  • Author
What happened to the Green kid? Why did he have to make changes? I liked that kid, thought he played hard. As do all the Raiders. I would love to coach these kids as they are role models to youngsters.

 

He comes from a auto-racing family, and apparently he's quite good for his age. Auto-racing simply was taking him away from basketball. He didn't have time for both.

He comes from a auto-racing family, and apparently he's quite good for his age. Auto-racing simply was taking him away from basketball. He didn't have time for both.

 

Thanks CM, I wish the kid luck and hope the Raiders maintain focus and finish strong.

Thanks CM, I wish the kid luck and hope the Raiders maintain focus and finish strong.

 

Thanks for seeking the truth and for the positive comments. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.