Results from the PRP Scrimmages today?

Boone over Manual by about 10. Approximate scoring leaders for Boone were Popp 20, Cotton 10, Earls 10, Gabbard 8.

Boone County didn't look bad in their scrimmage against Manual. I think they will be very competitive against any team they face in their region. They have very solid guard play to go along with some talented big guys.

It's tough to guage how a team will so in the regular season when the coaches are experimenting with all of their players. Now is the time for coaches to play different combinations to see how they will work in a game.

For Manual to have many seniors on the court, they didn't play with the chemistry one would think they would. The 6' 10" Nicolic looked out of sorts in this scrimmage. It was like he wasn't there mentally. He really needs to step up his intensity for this team to make any kind of run.

Popp and Gabbard looked like experienced guards to me. Popp has a quick step and will be a good leader on the court for Boone. Gabbard didn't disappoint either. They have a very solid back court.

I think this illustrates Manaul's problem for this season. If Nikolic isn't playing very well and others don't step up then I think defenses can key on Samsel and with the quality of defensive play by the 7th region guards, he will struggle to score enough to carry the team.

I think this illustrates Manaul's problem for this season. If Nikolic isn't playing very well and others don't step up then I think defenses can key on Samsel and with the quality of defensive play by the 7th region guards, he will struggle to score enough to carry the team.

You maybe right, but they had some nice stretches in this game with others on the floor that played well together. Manual was leading by one at the break. Mile Mitchell played very well and Samsel tried to get others involved.

If all of the players accept their roles on this team they will knock off some good teams. I thought Samsel played pretty well in this scrimmage especially on the defensive end. He showed that he is a very good on the ball defender.