Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best 11th region team in 2010

Featured Replies

My top 5

 

Catholic

Henry Clay

Tates Creek

LCA

Bryan Station

Tates Creek has to be the favorite, despite their track record for blowing it in the districts. Deepest pitching staff in the area.

I would add Franklin County to the mix with Thompson on the mound and a bunch of returners.

Tates Creek has to be the favorite, despite their track record for blowing it in the districts. Deepest pitching staff in the area.

 

I wouldn't say Tates Creek has "blown it" in their districts. They just have had the misfortune of playing in the 43rd. Keep this in mind:

 

2009- lost to Lex Cath (state champs)

2008- lost to Lafayette (ok, they blew this)

2007- lost to Dunbar (state champs)

2006- lost to Lex Cath (state champs)

2005- lost to Lafayette (district champs)

2004- lost to Lafayette (state runner up)

2003- lost to Dunbar (state champs)

 

So in the last seven years, they have lost in the districts to four state champs and one state runner up. I'd say many teams would "blow it" in the districts if that's who they had to play.

I wouldn't say Tates Creek has "blown it" in their districts. They just have had the misfortune of playing in the 43rd. Keep this in mind:

 

2009- lost to Lex Cath (state champs)

2008- lost to Lafayette (ok, they blew this)

2007- lost to Dunbar (state champs)

2006- lost to Lex Cath (state champs)

2005- lost to Lafayette (district champs)

2004- lost to Lafeytte (state runner up)

2003- lost to Dunbar (state champs)

 

So in the last seven years, they have lost in the districts to four state champs and one state runner up. I'd say many teams would "blow it" in the districts if that's who they had to play.

 

I agree, they haven't blown it per se, but have definitely had teams that were favored to win. I don't believe anyone around here thought Lexington Catholic was the favorite over Tates Creek in 2009. They always seem to have talent to go all the way, and definitely haven't gotten it done.

I agree, they haven't blown it per se, but have definitely had teams that were favored to win. I don't believe anyone around here thought Lexington Catholic was the favorite over Tates Creek in 2009. They always seem to have talent to go all the way, and definitely haven't gotten it done.

 

Yeah, you are right. And I will agree that Tates Creek will probably be favored in the 11th region this year.

Tates Creek has to be the favorite, despite their track record for blowing it in the districts. Deepest pitching staff in the area.

 

Excellent posts (as usual) by The Engineer and Central KY Baseball. The more I talk to people in the Lexington area, the more I hear how much talent Tates Creek has (and has had). Can Tates Creek utilize their talent and win probably the toughest district in the state? Lexington Catholic was not the most talented team last year in Lexington, but they worked hard and were well coached.

I don't feel like Lex Cath can make a run like they did last year, but I will be the first to admit that after seeing them play in early 2009, I felt the same way. They got hot at the right time, had a stroke of good draws in the Semi, and believed that they could get the job done. The 11th Region always seems to render that type of team to the state tournament because they have such fierce competition within the region (and 43rd district for that matter). Once the team emerges from there, they have the confidence that nobody can beat them. So, while I think it's a shame that the districts in Lexington beat up on eachother and only one makes it out, it benefits the winner psychologically because they feel as though the toughest road has already been traveled. Just a thought of course....

Lex. Cath. and LCA lost a lot. It will be interesting to see if thier younger players can step in and keep them at the same level. Bryan Station also lost their top two pitchers. I would say Tates Creek has to be the one favored starting the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.