Pineville/Harlan Predictions?

Who wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Pineville
    • Harlan

That is great love to see him do well congrats younger Merrick good luck the rest of the season.

Hopefully the field does not take the kickers out of the game. Merrick had only one attempt at Harlan in the mud last year. Harlan won 7-0, but a controversial penalty thrown clear across the field.....brought back the lone Pineville touchdown. Merrick missed his only attempt in terrible field conditions. Pineville's field is hurting with the rain still coming down.

Hopefully the field does not take the kickers out of the game. Merrick had only one attempt at Harlan in the mud last year. Harlan won 7-0, but a controversial penalty thrown clear across the field.....brought back the lone Pineville touchdown. Merrick missed his only attempt in terrible field conditions. Pineville's field is hurting with the rain still coming down.

I know I was by there the other day. Pineville's field has looked bad all season I have never saw it look that bad. They need to get Lawrence Gross back taking care of it and it wouldn't look that way.

I think the biggest questioning looming is the inexperience in the secondary for Harlan and their ability to stop a Pineville team that does not care to pass the ball; Harlan will be able to rush the ball, which they struggled mightly against Hazard.

If Pineville attempts to overload the line of scrimmage, which Hazard did effectively, then Harlan could struggle offensively.

However, the size of Harlan's O-line will prove to be the difference maker is a close district game.

#1 Al Merrick, Senior. Younger brother of our Bobcat All-State Kicker Monte Merrick, now at WKU. 9/9 PAT's and 10/10 kickoff touchbacks against Jenkins... according to today's Pineville Sun....last Friday night in the mud!! All in the first half! 6/8 FG's on the year. Also was named by the paper as the Defensive Player of the Week for forcing Jenkins to start every drive on the twenty.

No dis-respect intended to the Merrick's. I know they are great kickers. I followed Monte's success at Bell and watched several Bell games the last couple of years and had a nephew that played there a few years ago. I actually forgot that the younger brother was at Pineville.

Wolfe at Harlan is a very good kicker. He can kick touchbacks if coach would allow it. Coach has him kicking knuckle balls on kick-offs. As far as field goals, probably from the 30 and in. His strongest game is punting.

Looks like it is going to be a nasty night!

Edited by 1968isaac