Who will Corbin's next coach be?

4chs

Anyone other than Rob Leddington would be a silly mistake. There are no better coaches or people around.......

I would have to agree with that statement. I would also think that if he did not do something pretty soon he would be hanging Whitley out to dry, as it is getting late in the summer (contract wise) to be leaving them. If he were to leave now it would really limit the coaches who could take the job due to contractual obligations to their schools.

No doubt he is a good coach and with his kids already at Corbin I think it would be a no brainer to go, but Corbin and Ledington should move as quickly as possible, so that Whitley could get a good coach.

Are there any young coaches that are assistants in our region that would be considered for either the Corbin or WC jobs? I know that Clay has that Griffin kid but I doubt he would leave Clay County. Barbourville had an assistant coach that played at Union College not long ago but I'm not sure he is an actual teacher so that could be troublesome. Middlesboro has the Powell boy that would probably be good but he seems to have pretty strong ties there are MHS with his pops coaching and all.

I wonder if any of these guys might jump at short notice in order to take one of these jobs?

I would have to agree with that statement. I would also think that if he did not do something pretty soon he would be hanging Whitley out to dry, as it is getting late in the summer (contract wise) to be leaving them. If he were to leave now it would really limit the coaches who could take the job due to contractual obligations to their schools.

No doubt he is a good coach and with his kids already at Corbin I think it would be a no brainer to go, but Corbin and Ledington should move as quickly as possible, so that Whitley could get a good coach.

I don't think Rob is dragging his feet, I think it's Corbin..........time will tell if the Admin does the right thing or goes with another questionable coach in a 3rd sport.:idunno:

I don't think Rob is dragging his feet, I think it's Corbin..........time will tell if the Admin does the right thing or goes with another questionable coach in a 3rd sport.:idunno:

That is what I would say also. Don't know the whole situation but I would say that Rob definitely wants the job.

I also believe that Rob would be the only one that could/would fix the middle school program, if you want to call it a program.

That is a sore subject(and a touchy one) with a lot of the locals. Hendrickson or Mahan would be a good fit for that job, not ready for the varsity job though.