Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Referee to much action

Featured Replies

I attended the Deming - Harrison County game, Did not have a dog in the fight. But was very disappointing how one of the referees acted, Why does he have to be so flamboyant when making the call. Little bald referee, Totally uncalled for, That is a embarrassment to High School Sports . Wont mention a name, But if all referees act like this, They need a job on a stage tap dancing

Did he get the calls right?

  • Author
Did he get the calls right?

Better dancer than Referee,,

The game should be the center of attention, not refs. Most refs don't like players throwing hands up and over reacting....why should they??? Save the dancing:banana::banana:

Very good referee crew at the 41st district tourney. I don't know their names, but I was impressed. There was a series where the play went end to end and the young blonde-haired ref. was right on top of a player stepping on the end line. I didn't realize he had gotten down to that end of the floor. Also, the game was very physical, and they kept it under control.

The referee in question at Harrison County is not flamboyant in my opinion...I do not believe he wants to be the center of attention. Mondo has a unique style for sure, but he doesn't try to show anyone up at all. He is decisive with his calls and, in my opinion, a well-respected referee within the BBA. I think most coaches in the 10th and 11th feel pretty good about how the game will be called when he is on their game.

The referee in question at Harrison County is not flamboyant in my opinion...I do not believe he wants to be the center of attention. Mondo has a unique style for sure, but he doesn't try to show anyone up at all. He is decisive with his calls and, in my opinion, a well-respected referee within the BBA. I think most coaches in the 10th and 11th feel pretty good about how the game will be called when he is on their game.[/QUOTE]

 

I don't know if the coaches feel pretty good about him or not. But I think he feels pretty good about himself!:lol::lol::lol: Its one thing to have high self-esteem but jeez this guy takes it to a whole new level.

I actually enjoyed the referee.

  • Author
I actually enjoyed the referee.

 

Enjoyed him. Not my way of enjoyment watching someone make a fool of them self.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

Mondo is a very good ref! As Cortez stated, he does indeed make a very decisive call, which is better than some other refs. There is nothing flashy or unprofessional about the way he calls a game, he's just doing his job and enjoying it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.