Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Report: Aaron Cosby

Featured Replies

By: Darnell "Tate" Johnson

 

Aaron Cosby (Jeffersontown High, Jeffersontown): Aaron is your prototypal combo guard. He is 6’3 strong, quick and athletic. Aaron is a very consistent outside shooter, finishes hard around the basket while taking hard hits. What we really love about Aaron is he thinks the game, Aaron could lead the state in scoring but he won’t because he lets the game come to him without forcing anything. With J-Town returning most the major players to their team adding Aaron really give them a chance to cut down the nets in Rupp this year. Aaron had verbally committed to University of Massachusetts, but when Travis Ford took the Oklahoma State job he opened up his recruitment. Now he has Minnesota, Louisville, Virginia, Tennessee and Oklahoma State courting his services.

Edited by gold sunrise

He's good, but quite honestly I have no idea how so many people perceive him as such a high level D-1 player. The multiple times I saw him play over the summer he did not seem to be anywhere near that level at all.

He's good, but quite honestly I have no idea how so many people perceive him as such a high level D-1 player. The multiple times I saw him play over the summer he did not seem to be anywhere near that level at all.

 

Griffith35,

There are at least 15 D-1 coaches and several scouting services that disagree with you about Cosby.

I realize that, which is why I'm so appalled...he's not overly athletic and had a slightly above average shot...he took care of the ball very well and made very good decisions, but was relatively unimpressive, especially playing with the likes of Rico Johnson and Elijah Pittman..I'll watch him again and if he proves me wrong consistently I'll eat my words, but until then, I still won't believe that he deserves such attention from schools like Louisville, IU, Tennessee, etc, and I'm not afraid to say that fully knowing that he has offers from some of those places...I'm not doubting that he could play at a smaller D1 institution, but as far as I've seen, I can't see him thriving at those bigger places

I realize that, which is why I'm so appalled...he's not overly athletic and had a slightly above average shot...he took care of the ball very well and made very good decisions, but was relatively unimpressive, especially playing with the likes of Rico Johnson and Elijah Pittman..I'll watch him again and if he proves me wrong consistently I'll eat my words, but until then, I still won't believe that he deserves such attention from schools like Louisville, IU, Tennessee, etc, and I'm not afraid to say that fully knowing that he has offers from some of those places...I'm not doubting that he could play at a smaller D1 institution, but as far as I've seen, I can't see him thriving at those bigger places

 

Griffith35,

 

I must not be quite the expert that you seem to be in regards to Aaron Cosby's skill level on the basketball court. I will leave that up to the guys who get paid the big bucks to evaluate talent. There must be something you are missing. You must not be aware, but Aaron also has a number of schools STILL recruiting as DB/WR in football and he did not even play this year. So your comments questioning his athletic ability are way off base. I don't know what your agenda is, but I will leave the recruiting up to the guys that get paid to do it.

I realize that, which is why I'm so appalled...he's not overly athletic and had a slightly above average shot...he took care of the ball very well and made very good decisions, but was relatively unimpressive, especially playing with the likes of Rico Johnson and Elijah Pittman..I'll watch him again and if he proves me wrong consistently I'll eat my words, but until then, I still won't believe that he deserves such attention from schools like Louisville, IU, Tennessee, etc, and I'm not afraid to say that fully knowing that he has offers from some of those places...I'm not doubting that he could play at a smaller D1 institution, but as far as I've seen, I can't see him thriving at those bigger places

 

I kind of agree with you. I believe he is a nice player and a D'1 player. But I also think there are several players in his class taht I believe are either better than him or have more upside (Elijah Pittman). I wasn't overly impressed when I seen him play. That being said I would like to watch him more. Obviously there could be something there I just haven't seen yet. Make no mistake he is a very good player, but Id like tos ee more from him.

I kind of agree with you. I believe he is a nice player and a D'1 player. But I also think there are several players in his class taht I believe are either better than him or have more upside (Elijah Pittman). I wasn't overly impressed when I seen him play. That being said I would like to watch him more. Obviously there could be something there I just haven't seen yet. Make no mistake he is a very good player, but Id like tos ee more from him.

 

I have formed the same impression watching him play over the years. Nice player, but not worthy of #1 ranking in his class IMO.

I have formed the same impression watching him play over the years. Nice player, but not worthy of #1 ranking in his class IMO.

 

I am not sure either if he should be #1 at this point or not. I am not quite the expert as some other posters are. However, Aaron is a top 5 player by every major scouting service and is ranked #1 in several of the recent rankings. Rankings are simply based on opinion and they all differ greatly. RANKINGS AND SCHOLARSHIPS ARE EARNED ON THE COURT, NOT ON THE MESSAGEBOARDS! Aaron has a number of high major and mid major scholarship offers and is improving more and more everyday. Honestly, I don't think it matters much about the rankings or the messageboard "expert" analysis. Aaron will be one of at least 10 2010 kids in KY that will play D-1 ball. Trust me, after this season, it will be obvious who is "worthy" and who isn't.

I am not sure either if he should be #1 at this point or not. I am not quite the expert as some other posters are. However, Aaron is a top 5 player by every major scouting service and is ranked #1 in several of the recent rankings. Rankings are simply based on opinion and they all differ greatly. RANKINGS AND SCHOLARSHIPS ARE EARNED ON THE COURT, NOT ON THE MESSAGEBOARDS! Aaron has a number of high major and mid major scholarship offers and is improving more and more everyday. Honestly, I don't think it matters much about the rankings or the messageboard "expert" analysis. Aaron will be one of at least 10 2010 kids in KY that will play D-1 ball. Trust me, after this season, it will be obvious who is "worthy" and who isn't.

 

I don't claim to be expert either. I'm simply stating my "unexpert" opinion based on all the players I've watched over the last several years. I agree with you that in the end, the rankings don't matter much anyway. The scholarships do. The perceptions/evaluations of college coaches are what counts. There are many players who get tons of hype (whether it is all deserved or not), and there are many very good players who fly under the radar who will also earn scholarships even though they might not get the number of accolades. There will be more than 10 KY kids in 2010 who play D1 ball, and I think it could be as high as 20. There could be as many as 30 IMO in this class who end up playing D1, D2, or NAIA on scholarship. This is a deep class compared to other years.

I am not sure either if he should be #1 at this point or not. I am not quite the expert as some other posters are. However, Aaron is a top 5 player by every major scouting service and is ranked #1 in several of the recent rankings. Rankings are simply based on opinion and they all differ greatly. RANKINGS AND SCHOLARSHIPS ARE EARNED ON THE COURT, NOT ON THE MESSAGEBOARDS! Aaron has a number of high major and mid major scholarship offers and is improving more and more everyday. Honestly, I don't think it matters much about the rankings or the messageboard "expert" analysis. Aaron will be one of at least 10 2010 kids in KY that will play D-1 ball. Trust me, after this season, it will be obvious who is "worthy" and who isn't.

 

I am not an expert either. I just like to discuss it and really I enjoy building kids up a lot more than putting them down. I try not to say much negative about a player (my big exception with that is when a player is just very lazy). Really, I am glad that we have a player in the state of Ky like Cosby who will be a sure fire D-1 player in a couple years. And I am glad in his class alone there is probably 8 or 9 more in that D-1 range.

I would not trade Chad Jackson, Vee Sanford, Elisha Justice, or Ethan Faulkner for him. But, he is a nice player who can play basketball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.