Calvary Christian 2008/2009

What does Calvary Christian need to do to improve in 2008/2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

They will have a good season, I believe they're the preseason favorites to win the D3 conference. Flanigan is a great shooter and Glass is extremely athletic.

This could be the year for Calvary. I know they are talented and experienced. I know Beechwood is going to have a fine team and I heard Dayton has a couple nice players. Ludlow also has a chance and should have some talent. I think the winner of this conference may lose 2 to 3 games, being that they still play "home and home" and don't get away with just playing once. I am not sure what Villa lost last year, but if they build on what they did last year, it is going to be exciting to watch!!!

Ok, so they lost 2 starters and Beechwood lost 2 starters. Beechwood beat Calvary twice and Calvary is the favorite based on this.

Is there an explanation for this way of thinking/voting?

Yes. Beechwood lost their best player. Calvary returns their three best players.

Also, IMO, the best player on Calvary's team hasn't even been mentioned yet, and that is the O'Keefe kid. Flanigan is a player and a good shooter, but I just don't think his shot repertoire is as big as O'Keefe's. He has the jump shot but also uses the backboard well, has a little runner, and could battle inside if they ask him to. Frankly, I'm not that impressed with Glass. He gets garbage buckets and rebounds decently but not as well as he should with his touted athleticism. On the defensive end I think he relies on bullying people, which doesn't work with the better offensive players. JMO...

Calvary and Beechwood should be the preseason favorites in D3...

Yes. Beechwood lost their best player. Calvary returns their three best players.

Also, IMO, the best player on Calvary's team hasn't even been mentioned yet, and that is the O'Keefe kid. Flanigan is a player and a good shooter, but I just don't think his shot repertoire is as big as O'Keefe's. He has the jump shot but also uses the backboard well, has a little runner, and could battle inside if they ask him to. Frankly, I'm not that impressed with Glass. He gets garbage buckets and rebounds decently but not as well as he should with his touted athleticism. On the defensive end I think he relies on bullying people, which doesn't work with the better offensive players. JMO...

Calvary and Beechwood should be the preseason favorites in D3...

O'Keefe's game looks better because Flannigan draws the best defender, but I'll agree that Glass isn't using his athletic ability nearly enough.