Fairview 55 Morgan Co. 6

biguglys

Final

Congrads to Coach McPeek and the Eagles 5-1 record. :ylsuper:

Nice record, but the combined record of all of the teams in those five victories is 2-24. The only competition they've had thus far was Raceland & they got waxed. No shame there though, because the Rams are solid.

Bath County is next, & is 4-2 & no slouch. The Eagles better step it up a notch, because if they don't they'll end up 5-5 or 6-4. LCA, West Carter, & Boyd Co. all are waiting in the wings.

Nice record, but the combined record of all of the teams in those five victories is 2-24. The only competition they've had thus far was Raceland & they got waxed. No shame there though, because the Rams are solid.

Bath County is next, & is 4-2 & no slouch. The Eagles better step it up a notch, because if they don't they'll end up 5-5 or 6-4. LCA, West Carter, & Boyd Co. all are waiting in the wings.

You sure aren't an Eagles fan, true facts yet coming into the season nobody said Fairview would be any good. They can't help what other teams have nor can anyone else. You play your schedule and a win is a win. Raceland has a great football team, but you shouldn't downgrade programs just because of who they play. In the words of Herman Edwards you play to the win the game period. I happen to think Fairview has a fine football team and a fine coaching staff. Good luck Eagles and the rest of the area teams.

You sure aren't an Eagles fan, true facts yet coming into the season nobody said Fairview would be any good. They can't help what other teams have nor can anyone else. You play your schedule and a win is a win. Raceland has a great football team, but you shouldn't downgrade programs just because of who they play. In the words of Herman Edwards you play to the win the game period. I happen to think Fairview has a fine football team and a fine coaching staff. Good luck Eagles and the rest of the area teams.

I have to disagree with your statement. (in bold)

Myself and many others said the Eagles would be a much improved football team and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I'm not against the Eagles or downgrading their program. I'm just stating the facts. I hope the Eagles win the rest of their games. And they are better than i thought they'd be.

I agree, you have to play whoever is on your schedule, but if you want to make noise in the playoffs, you have to beef up your non-district schedule. That part of the schedule you do have control over. I mean, realisticly, Lewis Co. & Morgan Co. aren't going to help you get better. Occasionally East & West are competitive, the two I just mentioned usually aren't.

I'm not against the Eagles or downgrading their program. I'm just stating the facts. I hope the Eagles win the rest of their games. And they are better than i thought they'd be.

I agree, you have to play whoever is on your schedule, but if you want to make noise in the playoffs, you have to beef up your non-district schedule. That part of the schedule you do have control over. I mean, realisticly, Lewis Co. & Morgan Co. aren't going to help you get better. Occasionally East & West are competitive, the two I just mentioned usually aren't.

I agree with you but you still can't help who is on your schedule, you may think you have a great team to play and they end up not being very good that particular season. Yes, you can play teams with great tradition but year to year teams are different. Many teams that are powers play weak non-district schedules. Reguardless wins get your program going and get kids interested, without winning you never have that excitement. Just my opinion, a win is a win.