Conner/Dixie Heights Updates

Birdsfan

First game I have missed in several years - home sick with the flu. Please someone give me an update......going crazy wondering...I realize it is not a 6A division game, but it is to the point where its a must win for Conner....Two losses in a row put last years mentality out there for them to remember....Up to the boys to get over the hump!

First game I have missed in several years - home sick with the flu. Please someone give me an update......going crazy wondering...I realize it is not a 6A division game, but it is to the point where its a must win for Conner....Two losses in a row put last years mentality out there for them to remember....Up to the boys to get over the hump!

After that game, I would have rather been home sick with the flu.

From my untrained (and slightly biased) eyes the calls seemed very one sided. You could almost guarantee everytime Conner got more than a couple yards there was a flag for something (mostly holding). Not many calls against Dixie. It was a close game until the fourth quarter, Conner had one long play called back for holding, then another holding call and then a 70ish yard touchdown pass called back for, you guessed it HOLDING. West got hurt, third and 40 then a safety. The wind was out of the Cougers sails.

Maybe the holds were blatant, I don't know, but you could probably call holding on every play ever played in football.

The QB looks like he had a lower leg injury. #7 left the game with a shoulder injury. 2 other players one with a leg injury and the other with what appeared to be a shoulder injury. The officials got a little flag happy in the 3rd quarter and pinned Conner back deap. They called 2 big plays back of which one was a long TD pass and on that play they lost their QB.