Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Williamsburg/McCreary Predictions

Who will win? 44 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Williamsburg
      81%
      36
    • McCreary Co.
      18%
      8

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I figured I would go a head and start this to give everyone a chance to tell the BGP world how bad W-burg is going to pound MC just like everyone did last year. I'm not going to make a prediction on this one. I just hope that the game is as exciting as last years. Last years game could have gone either way right up until the end and it was so much fun to watch. I just hope these two teams can repeat it again this year (only I hope MC can pull it out this year). I know the seniors from MC really want a win because 3 of W-burg players played for MC up through 8th grade and then transfered to W-burg (Tyler Rollins, Garrett Phillips and Jordan Hughett). So the seniors at MC want to give there former class mates a loss for an early graduation present. Either way it should be a good game and both teams have very classy programs so it should be a great night of football. Good luck to both but I will be pulling for my Raiders.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCreary is going to have to be both ready and physical to have any chance in this game. They had chances last year and couldn't finish off the Jackets. This game rises and falls completely with Watts. As goes Watts, as goes McCreary Central. Williamsburg has to be the favorite right now in this game.

  • Author
McCreary is going to have to be both ready and physical to have any chance in this game. They had chances last year and couldn't finish off the Jackets. This game rises and falls completely with Watts. As goes Watts, as goes McCreary Central. Williamsburg has to be the favorite right now in this game.

 

I agree that W-burg is definately the favorite and that Watts is the key for MC as Moses is for W-burg. But, as W-burg has a very good surrounding cast so does MC. A back-up QB threw a TD pass Friday night for example. Also, a sophmore LB earned the most tackles for MC and a sophmore DB had 3 int's for MC. Their Jr. tailback rushed for around 100 yards while Watts had around 180. Thje back up TB had 5 carries for around 45 yards. MC played around 25 players before they went to the back-ups so they have confidence in Watt's surrounding cast. But I will agree that Watts is as vital to MC as any teams best athlete is to their team. Good luck to both teams! Go Raiders!

  • Author

I was at Wal-marts in W-burg today and a friend told me that a player got injured Friday night and another got ejected. Can anyone tell me who these two players are? That is if it doesn't bother you to have a MC fan know!:sssh:

I believe if W-Burg can get over that heart breaking lose to Frankfort they will be a very good team to play. I look forward to watching them through the season and in the playoffs. Good luck this season W-Burg

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

After a sub par performance last night against a weak Clinton County,I am going to go with Williamsburg by 3 td's.

I don't know, Bronco. Williamsburg without Moses could still compete, whereas McC without Watts would not even resemble themselves. Just MO.

  • Author
I don't know, Bronco. Williamsburg without Moses could still compete, whereas McC without Watts would not even resemble themselves. Just MO.

 

They would definately have to go to a different game plan and their offense would turn into a ball control type offense but Roark is a very good athlete as well and he could carry the load if he had to. Watts only played "D" half the time Friday and it made absolutely no difference. I think MC had 5 or 6 int's and Watts didn't have any. So, it would be a diffent looking "O" and definately not as potent but I still think it could be very effective. Now, with that said I just knocked on every piece of wood in my house because I hope we never have to find out!

I believe the Burg will take this game by a lot. They could've beat Frankfort by 35 if they hadn't gave up 2 big plays a fumble return and they failed to score 3 different times inside the 10...theie defense really stepped up and if they can shut Frankfort down like they did, both of Frankfots td's were over 50 yd......other than that nothing, they will man handle McC.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Just brought it up because when we lost Roskoph last year, we had a different looking "O" afterwards, too. It was the "Relatively Non-Existant" look!!!!!

That would be 35 "Would've, should've,could've" points, Bleed Blue.

I think W'burg will win, too, but I think it will be closer than many think. We were just discussing a scenario in which Watts didn't play, but the reality is that he is playing. I know the Raiders have to try and stop W'burg, but W'burg has to stop Watts. They didn't last year and almost paid for it. Last year it was McCreary that threw a game away, much like is being claimed about the frankfort game for the Jackets.

If I am not mistaken, this is the Alumni Bowl game for the Jackets. It runs in conjunction with Old Fashioned Trading days, a local town fair type atmosphere. Wburg will be pumped and rarely take a defeat in this game. McCreary would need to be three TD's better than the Orange and White to win IMO. If the Jackets can contain the speed of Frankfort, then I see them having no problems containing the Raiders and Mr. Watts. McCreary is improved, but still not up to the level of Williamsburg, who has a very good class A football team again this season. Jackets 48 McCreary 20 is my prediction.

  • Author
I believe the Burg will take this game by a lot. They could've beat Frankfort by 35 if they hadn't gave up 2 big plays a fumble return and they failed to score 3 different times inside the 10...theie defense really stepped up and if they can shut frankfort down like they did, both of frankfots td's were over 50 yd......other than that nothing, they will man handle McC.

 

McCreary has a soph. tackle that is 6'4" 310 and very athletic and strong and a Sr. tackle who is 6'1" 250 who has the biggest calves I have ever seen (he's a beast). The rest of the line isn't to shabby either. So, I don't see W-burg man-handleing MC. However, they may out-ahletic them with their skill people. The key for W-burg will be to out score MC. The winner of this game will be the one who gets the most stops on "D" just like it is every week that W-burg plays. I don't think anyone really ever expects to shut down W-burg they just try to hold them under 40 and score over 40. Good luck to both teams, may God watch over their players so they can have a fun filled, and injury free game.

McCreary does have a big front, he's not kidding. They matched up well with LC's size earlier.

  • Author
If I am not mistaken, this is the Alumni Bowl game for the Jackets. It runs in conjunction with Old Fashioned Trading days, a local town fair type atmosphere. Wburg will be pumped and rarely take a defeat in this game. McCreary would need to be three TD's better than the Orange and White to win IMO. If the Jackets can contain the speed of Frankfort, then I see them having no problems containing the Raiders and Mr. Watts. McCreary is improved, but still not up to the level of Williamsburg, who has a very good class A football team again this season. Jackets 48 McCreary 20 is my prediction.

 

This has not been a bowl game for the past several years. It was suppose to be that is why MC goes there every year, but for some reason after Black left they quit having it as a bowl game, it is just a regular game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.