Will games be sloppier this year in Weeks 1 and 2?

Then you never had to coach a Class A team. Because some freshman are forced to play sooner in a Class A team. WHat happens when the games start? You ask the other team not to play any seniors when you are forced to play a freshman?

What happens when you have a freshman that can play?

Now if you have a freshman that is not ready then I understand your point.

Yes I have had a class A football team. No freshman should hit a senior unless the freshman is some type of man child. Then it can happen.

Not everyone has freshmen as talented as yours Coach Buckett. :jump:

Also, what happens when a 1A or 2A team simply doesn't have enough practice dummies? When you sign up for football their isn't a line that says" your son (or daughter) will not be hit hard, because he is only a freshman and needs to be taken care of".If anything freshman become better playing with upperclassman.

They also lose there confidence and find there way to the house.

It is not what is on the line, but is what is best for the indivdual kid.

Today I am going to take my 280 senior tackle and have him block my 140 freshman, if the freshman lives "it will make him a better player". It will also make the senior a much better player. :rolleyes:

They also lose there confidence and find there way to the house.

It is not what is on the line, but is what is best for the indivdual kid.

Today I am going to take my 280 senior tackle and have him block my 140 freshman, if the freshman lives "it will make him a better player". It will also make the senior a much better player. :rolleyes:

My point wasn't that it makes the senior better b/c unless it's a huge freshman, it won't. My point is that for some schools their isn't another option when the varsity needs to practice and run plays. I know personally Holy Cross only has maybe ten sophmores or so the are playing, so some freshman might need to be brought up, and if a few aren't up to the task and don't feel they should have to do it, then you don't have to play. It's just how it is in small schools. I know I had do play aganist much bigger competion as a young player, all it made me do was work harder to be better and smarter the next time.