Rockcastle County 2008/09

• 4 weeks later...

Rockcastle can go 10+ deep. They have 6-7 seniors that can give qaulity minutes, plus 2 juniors and 5 sophomores that can play.

I read recently in the local paper that one of the juniors, I think it is the Alexander girl, was a top 20 all-star at Blue Chip Camp.

The key for them to repeat will be team chemistry, but's probably true of most high school teams.

The Rowe girl will be hard to replace, saw on the news where she was invited to walk on at UK this fall and has accepted. Her pentrating ability and ability to defend, plus her size always made her a threat.

Then again, many in Rockcastle didn't think her sister, the Abney girl and the other Hammond girl could be replaced either.

Rockcastle will be very good next year that is no doubt. They will miss Sarah Rowe more than they think though. It reminds me of watching LCA with Emily London two years ago when they won it all and last year when they did not make it to the regional torunament. LCA was loaded and still is even without Mitchell but they lack the glue that binds them. Rockcastle needs to find that glue that hold them together becouse for the last few years that has been Rowe.

Yes I agree but they have plenty of girls that can step up and be that glue to hold the team in place for another region title. Such as Mary Saylor a senior who was co-captain last year, Sara Hammond a two year starter and only a sophomore, Ashley Robinson a senior who takes a big role in playing some post with Hammond.

But also have two young sophomores that are stepping up for coach Noble this year along with 7 other seniors.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply with Rule #13

I guess we can just let Southwestern and Rockcastle play in the regional championship if we listen to BigImpact and oldballcoach. At least we could save money for our programs.

Dreamland needs to relax. We are making observations about different teams there strenghts and weaknesses. I am not exactly a Southwestern fan but I enjoy watching them play along with several other central kentucky teams. :banana:

The Hammond girl was named MVP of Blue Chip Camp in Louisville and played on 17 and UnderBlue Chip team at Run for the Roses Tournament, along with Mathis sisters from Iroqouis, Alex Jones of E-town, Avery Jones of Manual. She has been offered a scholarship at the University of Louisville. She remains uncommitted at this time, however, is making a unofficial visit to Louisville this weekend at the UK vs UofL football game.

I got you being a die hard Southwestern fan oldballcoach. Orange and Blue. Deep ingrained. You know to much. Im very relaxed, just waiting on Jan. 23rd.

Wrong, I dont even reside in pulaski county. I make my living on the road and central Ky. is my area. I do love watching sports though whenever I get the chance. Saw a great Football game last night in Lincoln County.:dancingpa

The Hammond girl was named MVP of Blue Chip Camp in Louisville and played on 17 and UnderBlue Chip team at Run for the Roses Tournament, along with Mathis sisters from Iroqouis, Alex Jones of E-town, Avery Jones of Manual. She has been offered a scholarship at the University of Louisville. She remains uncommitted at this time, however, is making a unofficial visit to Louisville this weekend at the UK vs UofL football game.

That is great! She is a special talent and a good kid from what I have obseved and have been told.

Wrong, I dont even reside in pulaski county. I make my living on the road and central Ky. is my area. I do love watching sports though whenever I get the chance. Saw a great Football game last night in Lincoln County.:dancingpa

Saw a great Football game last night in Lincoln County.

Ill bet you did. Tell me the specifics. Lets see if the game I watched was the same as the one you watched. As a matter of fact there were a few things happened that if you were there you will know. Im all ears.:devil:

Saw a great Football game last night in Lincoln County.

Ill bet you did. Tell me the specifics. Lets see if the game I watched was the same as the one you watched. As a matter of fact there were a few things happened that if you were there you will know. Im all ears.:devil:

Are you talking about Lincoln giving the game away by missing field goals? or better yet the couple of times they stopped Washington only to get 15 yard penaltys for unsportsmalike conduct to keep there drives alive. :dancingpa

Are you talking about Lincoln giving the game away by missing field goals? or better yet the couple of times they stopped Washington only to get 15 yard penaltys for unsportsmalike conduct to keep there drives alive. :dancingpa

That was not what I was talking about. But you could have at least come up with something other than what was on the thread in the football forum. See you Jan. 23 or when Southwestern plays Lincoln in football.

That was not what I was talking about. But you could have at least come up with something other than what was on the thread in the football forum. See you Jan. 23 or when Southwestern plays Lincoln in football.

Sad Sad little man. I will not make it to the SW Lincoln Football game. I will be watching Highlands and Cove Cath. But if my travels allow me I will be there to watch SW Girls beat Lincoln Co. this year. Getting the thread back on topic. Rockcastle will be one of the 3-4 best teams in the region and Hammond will be one of the best players no doubt.:banana:

Its tough when you have to scoot between Southeastern Ohio and Slate Branch. Those Southwestern booster officers are doing a great job. Have a nice day. See you on the 23rd.

By the way, Rock is gonna be tough and Sarah is a great girl. Matter of fact she is the best big girl in the 12th region. Dont you agree?