Top Offensive Linemen

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, DMZ76, I'm Pretty Good In Run Blocking. I Just Need To Work On Pass Blocking Some And Get My Speed A Little Better.

And This Season Is My Junior Year!

Be looking at attending camps @ the colleges. Look up the college close to you or one you would like to recuit you and fill out their on-line "recruit form". All of them run a camp of some sort. That gets you on the "radar". Pass blocking is a lot of technique, depending on roll out or pocket. Most camps I saw this summer were very big on the "punch" to the chest and a "kick back" step. Know your weakness (an inside rush?) and defend against getting beat there off the snap... then compensate for the alternative. If you are in NKY, there are a couple guys who'll work you out/evaluate Dave Guidugli and Dr. Ted Lambronides (sp?). Good Luck!

I watched Bath County/Lewis County film last year and saw a kid for Lewis County that tore up Bath's offensive line. He was a short son of a gun...like 5'5" or something, but thick. He had to have 4 or 5 tackles for a loss, not to mention a sack or two. He also played guard and could pull like he was a fullback on a lead block. I don't know his name but he impressed me. Anyone from Lewis County or Bath County know the kid's name or if he is still playing?

That kid was Jake Bolander, he is a Sr. this year. Jake finished the yr with 90 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, with 7 sacks. Jake is maxing 310 on the bench, 5 flat 40, 25" verticle and has a motor that wont quit. 5' 9" and 240 lbs. He is playing DL and right guard for Lewis Co. Keep an eye on him again....

Be looking at attending camps @ the colleges. Look up the college close to you or one you would like to recuit you and fill out their on-line "recruit form". All of them run a camp of some sort. That gets you on the "radar". Pass blocking is a lot of technique, depending on roll out or pocket. Most camps I saw this summer were very big on the "punch" to the chest and a "kick back" step. Know your weakness (an inside rush?) and defend against getting beat there off the snap... then compensate for the alternative. If you are in NKY, there are a couple guys who'll work you out/evaluate Dave Guidugli and Dr. Ted Lambronides (sp?). Good Luck!

Well I'm not really that bad at pass blocking, but I ain't as good as I think I should be. I just need more practice at it since every team I've ever played for primarily run the ball.

And thanks for the information about getting recruited!

Edited by Ram
Rule 13