Henderson, Sorrell shine for KY All Stars..

From the enquirer:

The Kentucky All-Stars on Sunday in Louisville beat Indiana, breaking an eight-game losing skid in the longest-running inter-state basketball all-star game. The two teams split this year's two-game series. Holmes guard Arrez Henderson and Holy Cross guard Corey Sorrell more than held their own during the two games. A look at their stats:

Sorrell: 47 minutes, 6-for-14 FG, 2-for-5 FT, 12 rebounds, 1 assist, 15 points

Henderson: 34 minutes, 6-for-10 FG, 2-for-4 FT, 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 14 points

(I'd also like to add this: I've never seen a player improve his stock through postseason all-star games like Sorrell. When he signed with NKU last summer, people doubted he could play Division II basketball. When he put up huge numbers this season, people thought he was one of those small-school flukes. When he more than held his own in the Ohio-Kentucky game and Kentucky-Indiana games, he opened a lot of eyes. Now, I think there are probably some Division I coaches that wish they could have a do-over. Don't be surprised if he's a big-time scorer for the Norse from Day 1.)

In Kentucky's 95-78 win over Indiana on Sunday in the teams' second game of the annual high school all-star series, Sorell scored six points on 2-of-8 shooting. He also had five rebounds and played 21 minutes. Henderson scored eight points in 16 minutes on 3-of-6 shooting. He added four rebounds and two assists. In Friday's 83-82 Kentucky loss, Sorrell had nine points on 4-of-6 shooting in 26 minutes and added a team-high seven rebounds and three steals. Henderson had six points on 3-of-4 shooting in 18 minutes and added three assists.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080617/SPT0302/806170359/1068/SPT