State: Apollo vs Christian Academy

Who wins  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

I'll admit that I don't know much about CAL, obviously they must be better than their record would indicate. Apollo's bats were pretty hot this week. I expected Daniel Webb would shut them down, but they jumped all over him getting 9 or 10 hits before he was pulled. They continued to hit well through the lineup the next game as well.

Apollo really doesn't have a dominate pitcher, but they have 3 really good ones in Tyler Edge, Skyler Shown, and Ethan Blandford.

Apollo also has the experience playing at Applebee's. Every started except for Freshman Luke Daughtery and 8th grader Dalton West have been to state previously.

I think Apollo is capable of advancing pretty far, if things go there way. Unless an upset happens PRP will be waiting for the winner of this game in the next round. They got burned pitching down last year, so maybe they will throw Cox in the 1st round against Christian Co.

CAL has played to their maximum ability. CAL's coaches have done a terrific job of maximizing their capabilities. CAL was outmatched at almost every position against St. X but found a way to win. CAL is outmatched again and is uncharted water, but they are a cinderella team. Do they have another win left before the clock strikes midnight?

Last year's Cinderella team, Shelby County, almost made it past midnight, can this year's Cinderella, CAL, make it to 12:01 a.m.?

Now how about that for an opening line in a press release on CAL going into State? LOL. Your mind can think of some very creative things when you're tired and getting ready to go to bed. LOL.