12th Region Garrard County

Can anyone update on the Garrard Softball, I have seen them play several times this year and was wondering what the outcome of thier season was. Have they started Region yet?

Garrard was supposed to play Monday night but, due to rain they will play on Wednesday. Garrard had a very impressive year sweaping every team in districts to again be 45th disctrict champs. With 4 super seniors region should just be prep games for state.

30-7. They had a very good season, 14-1 in the region, 6-0 in the district. They played a decent schedule with a few good team sprinkled in, which will have them more prepared for the postseason then some teams who played a weak schedule. Looking at who they have played, they played a moderate schedule. Not many cupcakes but no real powerhouses.

They have a few very impressive wins: Ballard (6-1), Danville (11-1), split with South Laurel (L 2-7 then W 3-0), AND GRC (5-2). This is a team that nobody better go to sleep on.

Garrard County picked up a 10-0, six-inning win over Wayne County tonight. The Lions will play East Jessamine in the semifinals tomorrow. Garrard and East met once this season, with the Lions taking a 4-3 road win on April 8.

I do know some of the talent that this Garrard Team has, WOW, how far they have come. They work hard. I wish them the best. Rhodus is a force to be reckoned with. Ball and Speake make a good team working together. Good Luck Lady Lions!!!

It's not like they grow on bushes.

It would be unwise for any team to overlook them.

I agree. Garrard has some high quality wins this season. However, there are very few pitchers throwing legit 60's on a regular basis and Allen is one of them. She can also take quite a few MPH off on her changeup. To beat Ryle, you must take advantage of any opportunities to score because you won't get many. They have had a GREAT season!

Tough draw, I agree. But Garrard is a force. These girls have pulled together as a team, and they are playing very good ball right now. These young ladies have FINALLY put together a team that Garrard County should be PROUD of. I hope the community shows them the RESPECT that they have earned.........

I agree that there are few pitchers throwing 60+ and Garrard has one. We ran a radar on one of their pitchers this year and she was hitting 63 mph on some of her pitches with the remainder 59-61. (As you can tell I'm not from Garrard but I was impressed with their team in our two encounters this year.)

I agree that there are few pitchers throwing 60+ and Garrard has one. We ran a radar on one of their pitchers this year and she was hitting 63 mph on some of her pitches with the remainder 59-61. (As you can tell I'm not from Garrard but I was impressed with their team in our two encounters this year.)

That's very good. I watched the gun on Allen & Sears at a tournament this year and the fastest I saw was 62 from either. They both do have excellent movement, great velocity drops on their changeup and some other pretty nasty pitches (rise ball, curve ball and screwball). Like I said before, Garrard is not a team that anyone better fall asleep on.