Bell Co. 3 Middlesboro 2

Bell wins district for the first time since the mid 90s I believe. Bell trailed 2-1 in the bottom of the 7th inning, but scored 2 runs to win the district. Huge win for the Bobcats!!!

:dancingpa

Correct me if I am wrong, but Bell County won the District May 24, 2005 beating Middlesboro, 7-4.

Bell played good but not good enough to win that game and everyone that was in the ballpark knows that. The umpires made some of the worst calls I have ever witnessed. They were so bad even the Bell County fans couldn't believe it. Middlesboro has to make the plays when it counts but they would have never made it to that play if the umpire would have made the correct calls.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Bell played good but not good enough to win that game and everyone that was in the ballpark knows that. The umpires made some of the worst calls I have ever witnessed. They were so bad even the Bell County fans couldn't believe it. Middlesboro has to make the plays when it counts but they would have never made it to that play if the umpire would have made the correct calls.

Sour grapes. Middlesboro made some big errors as well. Why are you trying to take something away from Bell Co's big district win?

Bell Co. has beaten you three times this year, the best team won. If you need to get back at us, schedule us in football.

Bell Co. has beaten you three times this year, the best team won. If you need to get back at us, schedule us in football.

:thumb: :ylsuper:

and I will throw in a :cry:

Get over it. Bell had Mboro's number this year and with Leddington at the helm and Powell gone from Mboro, it could be like that for years to come. Get used to it. What are the odds a Middlesboro fan would come on making excuses and blaming it on the umpires?

I'm not going to complain about the outcome of the game, but keep in mind that M'boro is only a single A program, and I am very proud of our jackets. We played you to the wire. It's still not over by a long shot! Just wait until you run along with a good 4 or 5 A school and will see how good you really are.

I'm not going to complain about the outcome of the game, but keep in mind that M'boro is only a single A program, and I am very proud of our jackets. We played you to the wire. It's still not over by a long shot! Just wait until you run along with a good 4 or 5 A school and will see how good you really are.

Ha! They dominate the district and much of the region for years and all of a sudden they are a little ol' single A school. It's getting deep in here boys...

You said it all right there. Middlesboro has dominated the district for years and they had it one this year if not been for the umpires. I know everyone is sick of blaming games on umpires but it was obvious that they made big mistakes in the end of that game. But Middlesboro doesn't have any seniors and they are already getting better. Next year look for them to once again dominate the district and I believe the region as well.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

You said it all right there. Middlesboro has dominated the district for years and they had it one this year if not been for the umpires. I know everyone is sick of blaming games on umpires but it was obvious that they made big mistakes in the end of that game. But Middlesboro doesn't have any seniors and they are already getting better. Next year look for them to once again dominate the district and I believe the region as well.

Usually don't comment on baseball...but could not help it this time. I saw Bell and Middlesboro play twice this year. The previous game was at Middlesboro and was ended on the "10-run" lead rule....a blowout. Everyone wants to comment on the officiating. I believe that the three officials really hurts....they are not used to working together and were out of position and missed some key calls on the base path. Should stay with umpire groups from regular season. Let's not forget that the worst call of the day was a third strike at the knees....where it was called at least five other times in the game as a strike.....when Spencer Greer strikes out the batter in the second, I believe, inning. Middlesboro gets a walk...errors, etc. and five batters later....have their only two runs! He gets that call and all the other discussions are for nothing!!!