Ryle 10 Cov Cath 1 (NKY JV Championship game)

Ryle JV wins back-to-back JV regional championships, defeating Conner 4-1 in the semi-final game and Cov Cath 10-1 in the championship game. Congrats to Coach Demler on yet another successful season. The man knows baseball and knows how to coach. :thumb:

Ryle freshman are regional runner-ups and Ryle JV are regional champs. The future of Ryle baseball looks very bright! :banana:

Enjoyed watching the games today, and certainly Congrats to Ryle, they are a outstanding team, but I think that having to play three games today by the young Colonels, surely had to hurt their effort in the last game tonight! Not at all trying to say CovCath would have won the game tonight, but playing three games in around 9/10 hours is a lot of baseball in one day for anyone, even I got tired and all Theoldguy did was watch.....:D

Again Congrats to Ryle on winning the Region, and to CovCath for giving it there all.

BTW, a big thank you to Coach Roesel for explaining the slide rule to me on my way out tonight! :thumb: Thanks from one CovCath alum to another.....:D

Enjoyed watching the games today, and certainly Congrats to Ryle, they are a outstanding team, but I think that having to play three games today by the young Colonels, surely had to hurt their effort in the last game tonight! Not at all trying to say CovCath would have won the game tonight, but playing three games in around 9/10 hours is a lot of baseball in one day for anyone, even I got tired and all Theoldguy did was watch.....:D

Again Congrats to Ryle on winning the Region, and to CovCath for giving it there all.

BTW, a big thank you to Coach Roesel for explaining the slide rule to me on my way out tonight! :thumb: Thanks from one CovCath alum to another.....:D

I agree. 3 games - and down time in between - makes for a long, long day and surely did have some effect on them. Even 15-16 year old kids have their limitations.

But at the end of the day, I do think Ryle had the best JV team in the region. This, despite the fact that a couple of their best hitters were moved up to varsity full-time in the middle of the season. Ryle finishes 24-4 on the season, just off of last year's JV school-best 26-3 season.

I would like to grant a special thank you to Dixie Heights and Cov Cath players and coaching staffs. The tourney would not have been completed were it not for having two playable open fields all day long. Both venues hosted three games today.

I would like to grant a special thank you to Dixie Heights and Cov Cath players and coaching staffs. The tourney would not have been completed were it not for having two playable open fields all day long. Both venues hosted three games today.

I echo this comment. With the weather late in the week, the JV tournament would have probably been cancelled without the efforts of the Dixie and CovCath coaches and players. :thumb:

Last 5 years:JV Regional Championships

04- Ryle defeated Campbell Co

05- Cov Cath defeated Scott

06- Beechwood defeated Ryle

07- Ryle defeated Cov Cath

08- Ryle defeated Cov Cath

Knew I was close, Raiders were right there 4 out of 5 years.

What's Coach Demler's won lost record over the past 5 years, something like 125 and 10 ?

Congrats to the Colonels on no easy task, having to play 3 games in one day has to be physically and mentally draining. A few weeks ago I cant imagine that anyone thought the Colonels would be in the finals but the seemed to get their act together late. Im not sure Ryle is 9 runs better then Cov Cath but I would have liked to see this game played with a day of rest to see the real Colonels play. But I am looking forward to seeing the young men on both sides go up to varsity next year and continue the competitive rivalry between the two best programs in NKY.

Jimmy D is a class act.

Congrats to the Raiders.

:thumb:

Not only that, but the man can still pitch, too! You can usually catch him up at Ryle on Wednesday nights during the summer pitching for his Roy Hobb's men's team (White Sox). He throws quite well and is certainly capable of "humbling" a few of his star JV players. :lol: