Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2nd Region Top Five for 2008-2009

Featured Replies

That list looks pretty good. Christian County has to be the favorite although Hopkins Central could make some noise if they find some guards.

  • Author
That list looks pretty good. Christian County has to be the favorite although Hopkins Central could make some noise if they find some guards.

I don't know much about Henderson, but every year I discount them, they always seem to play in the finals of the region. I know they lost Terry, which probably consisted of 40% of their scoring. I'm sure they will reload as usual.

Gibson always built a solid foundation through the freshman and JV level and they rarely missed a beat. We'll see if Starns follows the same blueprint.

1. Christian County

2. Hopkinsville

3. Hopkins Central

4. Henderson

5. Madisonville

 

Hard to argue with the list. Christian should come loaded next year. If everyone returns. The three "H" schools should have good seasons as well. Madisonville will use the first half of the season finding their starters to go with Hood, and then they should be ready by tourney time. There are some rumblings also of coaching changes and players moving away.

There were grumblings that Hood was looking elsewhere and dad kind of shot them down. Any other news on this?

Good to have you on board here stepscalled! :thumb:

Glad to be here. I have not spoken to him since the regional tournament. Will see him soon though, hopefully Jon is recovering quickly.

I know they are hoping to be healed by the time AAU season rolls around. That's where he really burst onto the scene last year at the Ole Miss camp.

 

Any truth to the rumor that Hopkins Central was reported to the KHSAA over the foul that injured him?

I hope all of it is over now. There were a lot of rumors right after he was injured. Even on a couple of other boards people were saying things that should not of been allowed to say. I didnt comment on it before and really dont want to now. I do think Jon has a bright future though.

Being from the east end of the commonwealth, I am not rel sure...

Is Union County in Region 1 or Region 2?

Union County is in Region 2. And if the rumored coaching change at Madisonville (James Davis out, Marty Cline in) is true, which means that Hood is likely to stay, the Maroons will be a strong contender.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.